SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tracking script.

My vote for best site logging/tracking/statistics script goes to Advance Logger by PerlOnline.com

I'd been searching for ages for a free script to provide me with comprehensive and useful tracking and statistics for my site, and as soon as I found Advance Logger my search was over.

The free version is fully functional, and it is the version that I use. Because it is advertiser supported, there are no limitations to the functionality.

I can get a good idea of page views, and even track vertain visitor's paths through the site. It supports the usual: entry pages, referrers, exit pages, summary, etc.

The only thing I would like to have that the free version doesn't yet have is a summary of the visitor's browser resolution. It current has this feature per-visitor, but does not yet display totals.

It's a perl script, and it is a bit slow to view. It runs in real time and the logfile is small. It is cleaned and cached automatically. The logger module itself is quite simple and I imagine it would not be hard to rewrite it in PHP if server load was a huge problem.

This is great for webmasters of sites < 1000 uniques per day.

Any other comments? What alternatives have you tried? I tried AXS script too, but have not spent much time testing it. Ease of use in AXS isn't as straightforward, but it looks very powerful.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ODtrack is good and fast coz it uses PHP.

No database and U can name the track-link instead of the full URL that U r tracking. So everything looks neat.