User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Wireless network card?

Hi All

I've got a PC laptop which has an extremely unreliable wireless network card - it regularly drops offline which is extremely annoying. I don't use it very much because of this.

However, now I'd like to be able to get it running reliably and I'm thinking of just replacing the network card completely in the hope that the new one is more reliable. Does anyone have any recommendations about makes/models to look for or avoid?

So that you know, I've obviously tried everything I could think of to get the laptop working properly wirelessly without much luck.

I've ruled out:

1. The Router - because I also have an iBook which connects beautifully every time and never ever drops offline
    2. The connection manager thing - I've tried using the Windows one and the card manufacturer's one and neither makes much of a difference.
    3. The drivers - I've used the latest drivers and then tried to roll them back to older ones but again neither makes much difference.
    4. The internet connection itself - never have a problem with the desktop's connection or the iBook.
    5. Interference from fridges/cookers/RSJs - doesn't bother the iBook plus the laptop will drop offline right next to the router!

Thanks in advance.
    Little Blue Plane Web Design
    Blood, Sweat & Rust - A Land Rover restoration project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is the brand of your laptop?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Tailslide's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged