0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy VAT and Costs in sql server 2000

hello

i,m new to sql server and db

i have this dielma to solve

"Costs
    Each Holiday route has a basic fixed cost, which is the cost of accommodation, leader wages and tax/insurance. Additions are made to this basic cost according to the additional facilities required. Each additional facility has a fixed cost for the year. These facilities are services additional to those provided by the accommodation providers. These are things like transport for backpacks, guides to tourist attractions, entry fees to tourist attractions or nature reserves, transport in inclement weather, picnic services etc..Costs may vary from year to year. Total cost of the holiday is- fixed holiday cost+cost of additional services+VAT+15%. Details of costs should be held in the database. Each route has a separate cost fixed before clients start their holiday. Clients choose which route they will take before starting the holiday. If they decide to change routes they may incur an additional cost but no refunds are given if the route is less cost that the one originally chosen"

i have created a table and defined the approbiate primary key, i just need to figure out the constraints or functions to to do the above while entering the data in the tables or db

any suggestions would be great.

thanks

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    sounds like a homework assignment
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello

it is i dont need the full solution, i just someone to start it up, i got all the tables and most of the constraints. i just need a way of handling the vat and costs when they are entered.

thanks

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I don't want to sound rude, but *I* didn't try to help you the first time I read your post because I didn't want to read the "blurb" of text you posted.

Maybe if you try to clean it up you might be able to get some help. Sorry but right now I'm kinda tired