User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #1 at Google

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by koolbrian
    hey, when i type BrianStudio at google, i see Sitepoint !!!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=BrianStudio

Have a look !!

Brian
    Ps: Any explanation
    The search engine will have spidered a page at SitePoint Forums which has the text "brianstudio" in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would also help if your domain is in some way related to your subject. Like my domain, like in yahoo when I type in hardware forums I am number 3 Google and Num 3 in web pages at yahoo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using forums to your advantage is something that I do all of the time. I get about 200 visitors a day from all of the forums that I belong to. What I used to do is go to my favorite 9-10 forums and post one extremely rediculous post or one that is very controversial, once a week or so and then everyone would respond to that one posting and they would always check out my signature and go to my sites. Now, I have people that go to the forums and then go to my site through those forums... Sounds sort of stragne, but it really does work for a short burst of traffic between postings... I belong to about 25 forums, so I get a small amount of traffic per forum, especially since every day I get about 20-30 visitors from sitepoint, so that means some of those forums I'm getting virtually nothing from, but having your link there, does help your link popularity to some extent, especially if you list the pages that your link is on... I have seen a huge increase in traffic since I started having my posts indexed... some engines will index them, some won't, but the idea is to show that you have lots of links to your site all over the place and it's been very effective for me..

So now you know one of my secrets.. : )

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish all forums were search engine friendly. Imagine all the incoming links you could get simply by posting. Especially this forum.

The downside to the administrator is that a spider viewing every thread is going to take up alot of bandwidth, so most let the search engines in.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I could deal with that bandwidth spent, because of the traffic in which it would generally provide... however, then all these stupid search engines would suck, because of all of the forum postings... Think of all the potential search keywords littered within each posting... wow! The possibilities.. Google will index them though, so everyone go now and rush to list every posting they've made with google... I have about 50 of mine listed..

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by aspen
    I wish all forums were search engine friendly. Imagine all the incoming links you could get simply by posting. Especially this forum.

The downside to the administrator is that a spider viewing every thread is going to take up alot of bandwidth, so most let the search engines in.
    If you want your vBUlletin forums to be spiderable - check out vbSpiderFriend

An excellent little free hack.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya there are alot of hacks like that... for most popular forum software... the problem is that administrators don't want to use them.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem using hacks... I don't know why anyone would, especially ones that boost traffic... so you have to cheat to get ahead, oh well, you're ahead, it worked, and now you can actually do more important things in your life...