User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with <div>, <form> and NS4!!!!

Can anyone tell me why this code looks fine in IE and NS6 and completely crashes NS4. I've narrowed the problem down to the combination of the <div id="content"> tag and the <form> - when I remove either of the two, no crashing. But when they are together....look out. I've already designed 5 other pages using this particular stylesheet and would like to make very minimal changes to get this form to work... here's the link...any help appreciated..I'm tearing my hair out!

http://www.erinoreilly.com/dualmoon/contact4.html

Thanks!

Erin::

.net install meltdown
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erin,

NN4 appears to be choking on the inline styles specified in the <input> and <textarea> tags. Try specify the styles in the external stylesheet instead, that should fix it.

Check out the Webreview Style Sheet Reference Guide for a good resource on CSS bugs etc.

BTW I like the way you write your code. Nice and clean with lots of comment tags.

HTH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe NS4 supports external style sheets either. Correct me if I am wrong.

Use uhhh, what do you you call them...

use your styles between the <style></style> tags

and even when NS4 does accept your styles, it supports very very few of them. I have all but given up on supporting NS4 in the code I write :/

I say, the faster web designers ignore NS4, the sooner it will go away
    --There's my 1.5 cents, now where is my change!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Renegade
    I don't believe NS4 supports external style sheets either. Correct me if I am wrong.

Use uhhh, what do you you call them...

use your styles between the <style></style> tags

and even when NS4 does accept your styles, it supports very very few of them. I have all but given up on supporting NS4 in the code I write :/

I say, the faster web designers ignore NS4, the sooner it will go away
    Actually NN4.x does support external CSS, using the <LINK> tag. What NN ignores is "imported" CSS, ie
    Code:
    <style>
    @import {...
    </style>

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You!

Isotope's answer was the key! It was the input styles that were causing the conflict. Sure enough, I put them in the external stylesheet and I'm good to go. That's what I get for being lazy and trying to cut and paste a form from one of my other sites.
    Thanks so much!

Erin

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by isotope235
    Erin,

NN4 appears to be choking on the inline styles specified in the <input> and <textarea> tags. Try specify the styles in the external stylesheet instead, that should fix it.

Check out the Webreview Style Sheet Reference Guide for a good resource on CSS bugs etc.

BTW I like the way you write your code. Nice and clean with lots of comment tags.

HTH
    That was it! Thank you so much! (and thanks for the compliment on my code as well!)

Erin