SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pop Up Image Picker (Like A Pop Up Date Picker)

Hi Guys,

This is my first post..

I've only been designing my website in recent months, infact I've recently had to learn about how to expand my knowledge from only being able to use emails and ms office. So I apologize in advance if I seem to be clueless or end up asking relatively simple questions.

As the title suggests I want to encorporate a pop up image picker for my customers to be able to pick products.

This would be much like how a pop up calender works. When an image is clicked on the 'parent' browser window i would like a 'child' window to open, displaying gift products. The user clicks a product and the image and product code updates in the 'parent' window. the 'child' windows closes.

I have a javascript for a pop up calender and am wondering if i can modify this in such a way to acheive the above results. If this is indeed possible I kindly ask if someone could guide me through how this would be done.

Thank you,

Amit :)

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know any javascript? If not, get the book Javascript: A Beginner's Guide. What you want to do isn't that difficult, but you have to know some basics--otherwise explaining it to you won't do any good.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi 7stud, thanks for the quick reply.

If yourself or anyone kind enough can give me advice on this it would be great.

I can then source the relevant books and will know what i'm looking for. Like I say I am new to website design, so a helpful pointer to what chapter / content or related topics i should be learning.

Help much appreciated, thank you.

Amit

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would someone be able to explain what Javascript actions take place to acheive the above result? Or maybe what the process is called so I can read the right material?

I'm not scared of reading a book and learning for my self the long way. I'm not expecting anyone to just hand me the script on a plate, but just some advice on what I should be looking for is all I wanted.

I'm sure Javascript is quite a big book to read and I wouldn't be asking for help on a forum if it could be easily understood and applied by simply reading it from cover to cover.

Thanks,

Amit