SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Error Log Question

My site is basically an image host service. The user calls the image via /sig/<id>.png, which is redirected to /sig.php?id=<id> via mod_rewrite:

Code:
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^sig/(.*).png /sig.php?id=$1
    The path the user calls the image from is the true path. They are redirected through the sig.php file to log the image hit.

When a image does not exist (checked with file_exists()), it looks like the mod_rewrite still redirects, but a 404 is added to my error log - not error_log, but the true log file. In the sig.php file the image is only called if the file exists, if it does not an 'error image' is sent to the browser.

Is it possible to not log 404 errors from missing signatures? Its hard to find the real website errors because they are covered up by these 404 image errors. --- better idea: Can I turn off error logging for a specific directory?
    s c r i p t s f o r y o u . n e t
    ScriptsForYou

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my rewrite method is basically the same thing as yours, and i dont get entries in my log file

the log file im checking, is the one defined in httpd.conf by
    ErrorLog logs/error.log

are you talking about a diff log file?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure. I assumed it was the server logs. I am looking at the 'last 300 errors' from cPanel. Its not a file download, just displayed in browser.
    s c r i p t s f o r y o u . n e t
    ScriptsForYou