User Tag List

Thread: Live Support

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live Support

I have seen many sites which offer live support where you click the button and can instantly talk with someone one from the companies website you are on. In shorter terms a very mini MSN, Googletalk. Is this possible in PHP or is it a network issue.

Regards
    p_h_p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is php mostly and you can even install it on your server. There are some free solution for live php talk.

I think (since I am not php guru) that it works with some kind of refresh thing. Where I say something php posts it like forum or anything else in database then page refreshes in a second or two and baaam you got yourself a chat.

Very simple.
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 1.4 | Software for Real Estate Agencies
    INSTANT UPDATE CMS 4.2 | NO template system! NEW VERSION!

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had not thought of that process. Thanks for outlining that out for me and is obviousley very easy to do a simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that simple. With chat, you need to think about proxies, ports, and numerous connections that you need to make to the user. PHP chats, form scratch, are quite hard to create, but there are many classes that you can find on the www, which you could adapt to what you need.

In terms of that refresh - on clicking say "send", you can echo a HTML refresh tag that refreshes the page and displays the latest chat. Alternatively, you can set up what is called a "cron job", which basically is a set instructions that you can create, which run at certain intervals (which you set).
    OMFG SitePoint ROXORZ TEH BIG ONE111!
    Wish you were invisible?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Essentiality the refresh and storing messages in a database would work but is there problems with this?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=p_h_p]I have seen many sites which offer live support where you click the button and can instantly talk with someone one from the companies website you are on. In shorter terms a very mini MSN, Googletalk. Is this possible in PHP or is it a network issue.

Regards
    p_h_p[/QUOTE

May the google be with you...? sorry I always wanted to say that for some reason...? Never mind, I recommend you try this, it should help you out with your question.