User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice Needed Please

Hi Everyone,

I have been all over the net <just about at least> trying to figure out all this affiliate program lol thingies... I'm helping a friend develope a virtual mall and getting a bit confused on a few things.. He wants some of the big names of stores and when I checked to see if they were with a network ie: CJ, i found several are with Link Share. A few people I have spoken to advised not going with LS but would really like your advice. Also, He wants to have a few specialty parts of the mall for craft gifts and wants to email some of the crafters sites n invite them to rent a space in the mall. ? Isn't this considered spam? Hopefully I'll get this down sooner or later but hopefully sooner...

Thanks alot
    Skye

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Advice Needed Please

Originally posted by Skye
    I have been all over the net <just about at least> trying to figure out all this affiliate program lol thingies... I'm helping a friend develope a virtual mall and getting a bit confused on a few things.. He wants some of the big names of stores and when I checked to see if they were with a network ie: CJ, i found several are with Link Share. A few people I have spoken to advised not going with LS but would really like your advice. Also, He wants to have a few specialty parts of the mall for craft gifts and wants to email some of the crafters sites n invite them to rent a space in the mall. ? Isn't this considered spam? Hopefully I'll get this down sooner or later but hopefully sooner...
    My experience with Link Share has been fine. But there has been a lot of unhappy affiliates floating around these forums. Try running a search here at SPF for the search term "Link Share", it should turn up a small list of threads that can give you more information.

No, it's not considered spam if you send proposals to your potential partners as long as you send each proposal separately. Also, don't forget to personalize each message, it must be catered specifically to that crafter. This will increase response and will protect you from spam accusations.

Best wishes to the success of your friends new venture!
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I'll do that. I heard from different people about Link Share, but figured I would post n see what all of you thought. I'll do the search n check out the other threads. I'm glad on the letter/emails to the crafters, lol now he's decided he wants another specialty mall. At least it will be a good start towards a portfolio for me..

Thank you for your advice

Skye