SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Affiliate Program For My Company

I am looking at starting an affiliate program for my web hosting and design company. I was wondering if anyone has ever used Shareasale.com to run there affiliate program. It is a lot less expensive than CJ. If you haven't used them, do you know of any other companies like this that you would suggest?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    E-mail me: nuke505@yahoo.com
    I think I can help you out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me, i prefer...

for me, I don't want to use third party programs like cj.com or....

I just want to use my own scripts. currently I found the www.simpleaffiliate.com is the cheapest affiliate programs software in the world, just cost you $29.95, that is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LihongJun there are alot of benefits for going with a network from a merchants point of view, things such as payments, tracking and security are not matters that you really want to be dealling with on a day by day basis, whilst im not the biggest fan of networks from an affiliates point of view they do have some seriouse benefits from a merchants point of view. far more so then what any $30 program can offer!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the biggest benefit to the merchant is the network of affiliates that are available through the affiliate service providers.

I am the manager of some clients' affiliate programs and have worked with both those who run their programs using their own in-house program and those who use CJ or Linkshare.

It takes days to get 1000 affiliates through the networks and month's to get 1000 affiliates on your own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been useing myaffiliateprogram.com's software to run the affiliate program for our web hosting service.
    Brian Welch
    Web Design, Web Hosting and Ecommerce
    http://www.perfectpresence.com
    http://www.leadcrunch.com

SitePoint Enthusiast webman1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend using an affiliate network such as Commission Junction. If you are running a legitimate business, many, if not all, states require you to file tax forms for your affiliates. That is why your Social Security number is required for most all paying networks like Commission Junction. Affiliate networks handle all that for you. It would be a big task to undertake if you tried doing it on your own.

Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want to use cj.com, you will pay US$3000 deposit for the first step. it means that you have not sold anything currently, but you have lost US$3000.

my idea is that you buy a software cost you just US$300, that's all, you can modify it to any concept you want, than please save US$2700 to bank or buy a second hand car to have a good dinner in China Town.

good money, good life.