SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CJ links question

Would it be possible, and not violate the TOS, to have check boxes for sign ups to free lead programs.
    Example, Someone signs up to be a member at my site, I have check boxes at the bottom (You've seen these before) "Get news delivered right to your inbox!" "Get $20 free coupons" "Get 75MB free webspace!"
    Now, we'll say there is an affiliate program that pays $.25 for each free sign up to their site...
    Would it be possible for them to enter all the info (Secure) on my page (So I can gather demographics too) and then that submits automatically to the affiliate programs.
    They would still have to validate via email, so it's legit.
    Is this possible? I'm guessing no, but if so I would love to do this. There are some free offers at CJ that i'm sure my users would like to join, but are just too lazy to click on a banner, find the page, and then enter all that info again.

If this is possible, how do you do it? Can anyone help me out with this?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it would be possible by using some server-side scripts that would send the correct information to each merchant. But be warned, the merchant will not be happy. They paid for individual leads, not co-registrations. As soon as they catch on, they will probably cancel your affiliation and alert CJ, which then could result in the forfeit of your revenue. Ouch!

You're in luck though. Several merchants offer a special campaign that is for co-registrations. Run a search, I'm sure you'll find something.

You could also send an email to the individual merchant asking permission to do this. If they agree, be sure to get the statement in writing. It would be terrible if they came back and said you were cheating.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was going to ask them first....

But, how would I do this?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Trulent
    Yeah, I was going to ask them first....

But, how would I do this?
    On the merchant page in CJ there should be some information about the company and the affiliate program they're running. It will also include a link to their main website, and possibly contact information.

Click to their website and search for a "contact" page. There you should find an email address, postal address, phone number, and possibly a fax number. Contact them using any of the methods above. Making a phone call will result in the fastest response, just remember to request a printed statement of their position.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm going to be using Phpnuke, is it possible to add all this info to the user.php sign up page?

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you could with the help of a PHP ace.