SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Bleys's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alternatives to PHPAudit

Does anyone know of any alternatives to PHPAudit? I've found PHPAudit to be rather buggy at times and needlessly over-complicated and annoying to work with... however, it's the only thing I have found that does what it does for PHP scripts (order and download management, license control, etc.).

Anyone have any ideas? Free or pay solutions... (doesn't matter to me--I'm certainly willing to pay for something better than PHPAudit, which at the time I bought it cost much more than it does now...).
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.olate.co.uk/ is another alternative. Less bloated software it seems. The support staff is nice too. Found it after I purchased php audit myself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I'll check out their free trial.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will also find that both ionCube Encoders and Zend Encoders now have the ability to generate license files for encoded scripts. Although they don't do this automatically and you would still need to use some kind of script to generate them for each customer. And of course they don't have ecommerce functionality built it

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm wanting to switch away from phpaudit too. I'm really getting sick of phpaudit. It's very annoying to work with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PHPAudit support people (Andy and Alasdair) are very nice, I just find the program way too over complicated, and lately it has been having problems (coupon codes mysteriously stopped working, and now multi-licenses don't seem to work). I definitely will give the Olate Iono trial a try. It's nice to know that the olate people are on SPF too--easy access for me.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made the switch to Iono and love it. Normally any issue no matter how small is dealt with quickly. Also with the option to purchase the 99% unencrypted is a huge plus!
    Thanks Eric.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How hard would it be to convert our current client db from PHPAudit to Iono (which I'm testing this weekend with the free trial )? I realize I'd have to issue new licenses to everyone and a patch to update their software, but in terms of the actual client info, would I have to transfer all of that by hand (yikes!) or have there been any converters written? Anyone know? Anyone had any experience making that switch?
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be possible - you could quite easily write a converter from PHP Audit to iono yourself, or if you can provide us with an SQL dump with sample data then we can do it for you. That would generally mean that you could convert everything without losing anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. I think I could probably do it myself, but nice to know you could provide guidance or help.
    Josh is a ghost
    rails & work & twitter

Organization is the
    death of creativity.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive had bit of a play with PHPAudit and a quick look at Olate and both look good however both appear to include signup/billing systems..

I want to setup a licencing system for some software i am developing but i want to sell the scripts thru my existing osCommerce installation so would like to plug a system into the account section of oscommerce ratther than using a seperate signup/billing system

can anyone recommend anything or suggest a way of doing it that is going to work well from a customers point of view...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is actually possible to do this with iono - you set the option to disable the order system and you can then make use of the HTTP API to generate licenses and manage them through an external system. It would require some work editing your existing system to send API calls to iono but it is possible.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David thanks for the advice

Does your API come with a good set of documentation to help with this?
    Snowtech Services - General PHP & osCommerce Script Development.
    osCommerce LoadedAU - Enhanced Stores for Australian Merchants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there is documentation available. See my reply to the same question at http://www.olate.co.uk/forums/index....indpost&p=7770

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so almost three years later... Any good alternative to phpAudit out there? I'm using this software for long time, and I really do not feel it is up to the task...
    Vivvo CMS - Web publishing at your fingertips
    Mile voli disko, a ja belo kolumbijsko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHMCS recently released a licensing module addon for their billing software.
    Censura - Add reviews and ratings to your site

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this thread while looking for the alternative to php audit.

I must say I don't like php audit at all. I have been using phpaudit and I am myself exp. PHP programmer. I founded few flaws in their programmring.

I found this thread somehow searching for alternative to phpaudit. I have been using phpaudit for some time. But now fed up with it. I am php programmer myself and I have seen their code.

they are using XML for error reporting. Now why do you need to use XML, The standard method is to generate error number and use switch to report it. It seems they just wanted to show the world that they know XML. LOL. The usage of XML slows down the scirpt I think.

Another flaw is using cURL functions

curl_setopt($link, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
    curl_setopt($link, CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS, 6);

unfortunately this is not friendly way of doing it. This will not work if open_basedir is disabled in php.ini.

Anyways I am surprised at their amateurish programming. We should expect better from them.

So anyone found alternative to phpaudit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your experience, but what do you mean to post the same thing on all forums? http://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?t=2632