SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Multiple URL's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple URL's

I've recently registered a couple(2) domain names that are relevant to my present site. The URL's are both relatively short in characters and both contain my keywords. I would like to use these new domain names to drive traffic to my site but I'm unsure how to best utilize them.

I thought I would either build two brief sister sites , and then make the mother site prominent on both. Or maybe a one page site that redirects to my home URL? Or maybe...??

Does anyone have any good ideas as to how I can utilize these URL's to drive traffic to my site for the short term.

Thanks,
    Japhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Japhi,

Possibly you could make one of the sister sites a discussion forum geared toward's fishing or such...and include links to the mother site.

Maybe make the other site a site based on nature preserves in Canada.

Just ideas....not necessarily good ones.

Search engines recognize siamese twin sites that are not different and could slap your wrist as spamming, so if you do make a identical site ensure you make it signicantly different in keywords and titles.

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create two sister websites that are somewhat similar. As mentioned, do not create duplicate websites, it will only hurt you. If you have two different products, dedicate one website to each product. Each website should focus on different keywords and optimization, this will do great things for your search engine listings.

Promote each website separately, but don't forget to cross-link your pages, this will help with your link popularity.

There's a book called Nothing But 'Net that was written by Michael Campbell that has a whole chapter dedicated to this technique. The book is a little expensive ($70), but it does contain some valuable information. You can buy it at www.activemarketplace.com . You'll also find a few other books and products there that might interest you. The main focus of the website is affiliate marketing and Internet promotion.

Again, most of the books are quite pricey, but the authors have been around for a while and are regarded by many as "gurus".

If you would like some more ideas, don't be afraid to ask. Feel free to post or PM me at any time.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm thinking that I'll build two sister sites that are similar, as you mentioned Rkuhle. I think I'll use one of them to launch a BBS,and use it as the forum for the other two sites, and cross link them all. Ill also check out that book...

thx guys