Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow foreach loop

Hi,

I am having a trouble with foreach loop and MySQL queries. The loop is extremely slow while pulling out the data from MySQL database.

Here is the example code:

PHP Code:
    class Report
    {
    function 
    getUsers()
    {

$this->db->query "SELECT id,Name FROM Users WHERE Creator=12 AND id!=22 ORDER BY Name ASC";

$this->db->Query();

$result=array();
        while(
    $row $this->db->FetchArray()) 
        {

$result[]=$row;
        }
        return 
    $result;
    }
    }

$users = new Report();
    foreach (
    $users->getUsers() as $row)
    {

$id $row['id'];

$number_of_new_tickets $users->getNumbers($id,"new","$dates[0]$dates[1]%");

As you can see, I have class Report that uses class MySQL for handling mysql things like queries etc, and then I am using that class Report inside foreach loop to pull out data. The problem is that it takes about 50 seconds to get data for 10 users with some statistics. I have to say that the database itself is huge, so I understand it might be the issue, but after trying some basic debugging, I found out that the slowdown is happening inside the foreach loop, because that's where it hangs every time it gets executed. So I am wondering if there is a better way of doing this, because I am using foreach loop, while loop inside functions, and all together its very slow.

Any help appreciated.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is your $users->getNumbers() do? Could that be the slow down within your foreach loop?

Have you tested the foreach loop with just regular data and see if there is a slow down without calling to another method or function inside the loop?