SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For start-ups, do you do this?

Do you promote yourself to other design companies/studios for freelance jobs to pay your bills, to get some revenue until you established your own clients base?

Is there a conflict in doing this?

Will the design companies shut you off because you are their potential "competitor"?

As we understand the market is small and there is always a high chance that your clients might be someone's relatives, friends, gf or bf of who ever works in the design companies you freelanced... will it appears unprofessional when your clients find out that you are "freelancing" rather than operates full time as a "business"?

I understand that if I work freelance for any design companies, I'll have to lower my rate compared to getting my own independent clients. Will this arise any conflicts when your clients find out?

Can the veteran care to share more on this? Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecabbage
    Do you promote yourself to other design companies/studios for freelance jobs to pay your bills, to get some revenue until you established your own clients base?

Is there a conflict in doing this?

Will the design companies shut you off because you are their potential "competitor"?
    No, they'll likely ask you to sign something like this.