User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast amrithsagar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fullscreen Script - i need it badly!

Hi all,
    I need a script which opens my homepage on a fullscreen. I need title bar and navigation bar (i.e. back and forward buttons) but don't want menu bar, address bar and status bar. Please get me the script or tell me where to get it. I searched many websites but they have only pop-up windows...or i think i don't know how to incorporate into a homepage. plz guide me. I think only javascript can do this...help me!

Amrith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the cosest that I found: http://www.js-examples.com/example/?ex=244&mode=2 , however it gets rid of everything, including the Standard Buttons bar.

Why would you want to force your visitors' browsers to full screen? That would be very annoying for your visitors, especially for those who don't know how to get out of Full Screen mode.

If you site doesn't fit on the standard screen size then make it fit. You're visitors will be much happier that way...

SitePoint Enthusiast amrithsagar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

this is simply great!..i got it ...thanks to you...

oh sorry...i didn't say the purpose of this script...i want it 'cos i'm using a free domian name and a free host...and thus they are putting a banner on my site....so to avoid my site being pushed into a miniature window in between these bars[menu bar...no use of it in my site...and so is a status bar...] my aim is to get space on the screen that's all....

I think i should reframe my question....
    I want to open my homepage in a browser without menubar and statusbar....is it possible???

Cheers
    Amrith

Last edited by amrithsagar; Sep 23, 2001 at 21:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be very annoying for your visitors, especially for those who don't know how to get out of Full Screen mode.
    Errmmm... I hate to admit this, but I have no idea how to get out of those... Could somoene please tell me. I'm sure alt/ctrl/del isn't really the best option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE?

To toggle full-screen in IE use F11, I have mine set up with am auto-hide toolbar at the top as well. In IE you can close the window with alt+f4 or ctrl+w, I know one is exit and one is close window, but I don't really see a difference in this case?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: IE?

Originally posted by mitsubishi
    To toggle full-screen in IE use F11, I have mine set up with am auto-hide toolbar at the top as well. In IE you can close the window with alt+f4 or ctrl+w, I know one is exit and one is close window, but I don't really see a difference in this case?
    Alt-F4 is a Windows shortcut to exit the program that is currently in focus (if there is no program in focus it will bring up the Shut-Down screen).

In IE Exit and Close Window are the same thing. It simply closes the window in focus, leaving all others open.

In NS however Exit and Close Window are different. Close Window does just that, it closes the window. Exit however actually exits NS, thereby closing all windows.

LunaC, for regular Full Screen mitsubishi is right, just use the F11 shortcut or the icon in the toolbar under IE.

But the script I linked to above is not regular Full Screen, it's a special scripts that adjusts the window. For this type of Full Screen the only way to revert to normal is to close the window, and since you have no toolbar you have to revert to Alt-F4 or Ctrl-Alt-Del, thus making it a very annoying script for surfers.