SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Not a post-script error?!! guysmy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the DMOZ directory, but not in search results

Howdy People! A quick question for the search engine adept. I submitted a site to the Open Directory Project - DMOZ. I'm in the directory so I tried a search to check my ranking. After clicking on the NEXT button of the search results a few times I figured my ranking just stank. A few more NEXT clicks and I realized my site wasn't anywere!! What gives?

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DMOZ uses a different index for it's search results. This index is only updated every few days to a week.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, you must check whether your site is really get listed in one of the categories in ODP.

Second, your site may be accepted recently. If so, you need to wait for several days to 2 weeks time before you can find your site in the search listing.

If the first step is done and your site is listed already, your site will be searchable soon.
    Search Engine Optimization and Yahoo Ranking Services - at Affordable Price!!

PS: We attain at least 10 No.1 positions in Yahoo, and at least 25 Top 10 positions in Yahoo. All are highly competitive keywords!!