SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Representation to "Sell" my businesses?

Hey Ya'll -

I've got several E-Businesses that I'm interested in selling. They could be sold as a package, or broken up into smaller businesses. Examples include:

1) Web Hosting Company (approximately 500 active packages comprised of over 200 customers)

2) Several "E-Tailing" sites (dropshipping) including:
    amazon.com marketplace site
    ebay auction ID w/ postive feedback (not sure if you can sell your Ebay identity, though?)
    discountkidsgames.com
    thekidmall.com

[the dropshipping/e-tailing has relationships with major dropshippers and wholesalers, automated inventory updates, etc)

3) a new, but quickly growing "podcast" called "E-Business Online Podcast" which discusses online money-making, investments into "autosurfs, HYIP", etc., which generates referral income, etc - and a potential "e-businessonline.com" site with HYIP/AutoSurf Ranking Monitor.

The main reason that I wish to consider selling them is so that I can get a lump sum so that I can have more time to devote to my "real passion and calling" which is music-related. My "entreprenurial spirit" has thrived in starting all these little ventures, but it is taking it's toll on my not having time to focus on music, my best gifting, and as a husband and father of 3 young kids (#4 due in May 06), it's time to quit wearing so many hats, ya know.

Because I'm already too busy to keep up, I wonder if there are companies out there who will act as a "broker" so to speak - like a "listing agent" - someone who can interview me, analyze my companies, form a valuation, and market the businesses for sale, etc.

I'm just too busy to attempt doing all that myself. I'd like input on where to start - I could print out financials and do some phone or "in person" interviews, and answer questions - but I'd rather have a professional form the valuations and market the businesses or consult me on how/when to sell them.

Any input you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Fred McKinnon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Fred,

I suggest that for your etailing sites and the podcast sites, you spring for the $9.95 listing fee on Sitepoint's "Sites for Sale" board. It's a thriving marketplace.

As for your hosting business... read your Private Message

BP
    ->Outsource Here<-
    Dreaming of the 4 Hour Workweek? Visit SigePo and start living
    a more relaxed lifestyle. Mention SitePoint for special pricing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BIlly -
    I PM'd you back.
    As for "Sites For Sale" - I'll check that out - but as I was saying, I'm not really desiring to be the person who is going all the listing/valuing/selling legwork - if the commission wasn't too bad, I'd rather pay a firm to represent me and do that work, if that makes sense.

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless the value if your businesses is in the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars, you'll find it very difficult to find an investment banker or business broker who will take an active interest in doing the leg-work for you. In a case like this, your best bet is to probably do it yourself - no one is more passionate and better at explaining what your businesses are about than yourself.
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.