User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Bank Statement - Monthly Earnings from AM

Following on from Mook-Jon's excellent thread I thought I'd post something similar but with a different slant.

Above is a picture taken of 1 of the 5 pages from my business bank statement that relates to late December 2005, early January 2006. Obviously I've used Photoshop to key out some banking reference codes. I've only posted a picture of 1 page instead of all 5 as I don't want to disclose exactly how much I earn in a month. (BTW the currency of my bank statement is £UK Pounds Sterling). As you can see the rough total on that 1 page alone is roughly £82,000 which works out at approx. $144,000.

For those of you in the US who aren't familiar with the UK affiliate networks or merchants here is a brief breakdown of the ones listed in my bank statement.

Tradedoubler: Affiliate Network
    ADS Europe: Merchant
    Affiliate Window: Affiliate Network
    Tiscali Network: Merchant
    Webgains: Affiliate Network

The purpose of this post is to hopefully inspire people that they too can earn money online through Affiliate Marketing. I am not bragging but merely illustrating the type of money that can be earned. For example I have 1 particular merchant who regular earns me over £100k per month. But don't get me wrong, my business hasn't been instant. Back in 2001 when I started I almost gave up after about 6 months as I hadn't earned a penny. It's only with lots of hard work and research that you can fully realise the potential that is out there. I do remember though that back when I first started out I used to read posts about affiliates earning big money and that really did motivate me. After all I think everyone longs for financial freedom.

About me: I've been an affiliate since late 2001 and my main site is at www.ukoffer.com. I run maybe another 20 or so sites, some of which are bookmarked in my blog (see signature). As well as that I run many short term ppc campaigns via custom landing pages. These can be live for only a number of weeks then taken down.

My main focus is about 80% PPC and 20% SEO. I'm not very good at SEO but still do alright for some key terms. My Monthly ppc budget is around US $300,000 which equates to roughly UK £170,000. Although when I first started out my budget was approx. $50 a month :-)

I'm happy to answer any kind of questions anyone may have as long as you don't ask me what my best converting keywords are etc.

Almost forgot - sure the image above could be a big fat fake but what would be the point? I've been around long enough now that I'm well known in the AM community in the UK so am sure I can be "vouched" for.
    Bingo | Poker | Credit Cards | Toys | Read my blog here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inspiring... what is your average profit percentage when using ppc ?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow man, that's crazy! In one month you earn, what i make in almost 14 years! That's just astonishing my friend! Keep it up, good luck man, allthough, I really dont think you need anymore luck, you've hit the "luck limit"

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marcel
    inspiring... what is your average profit percentage when using ppc ?
    It is very hard to say. I operate so many ppc programs that finding an average across all industries is impossible. Some may only earn me 10% whereas some may be up to 1000%. Sorry, I know that doesn't help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to affiliate marketing but want to give it a try. How does your site work? Is it all custom code that you use feeds to populate from different affiliate programs?

Also, could you give us an idea of your traffic? Pageviews, uniques, etc...

Forum Buyer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UKoffer, what's the best comparison shopping software you'd recommend?
    Founder/Admin of a pretty decent chat forum
    Download free winterboard themes for your iPhone
    I run sites powered by vbulletin and one about the HTC Jetstream.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest guys I don't use any comparison shopping software or datafeeds. UKOffer.com is hard coded lovingly by hand! Mostly because I don't have the technical expertise to do otherwise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? That seems like a large site to be hand coding every page.
    Good job then... you must be a busy guy.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW UKoffer... that is simply incredible. Kudos to you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey everone!
    i just discovered this nice forum. i already read some posts and it's very interesting!

congratulation ukoffer!! your earnings are amazing. i'm very interested in promoting affiliate programs by using PPC. but i've read in other forums that it got too competitive (clickprices very high) nowadays and it's really hard to earn a profit with it. so would you mind telling which sectors work for you and how you find profitable niches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hats off for sharing your success. I blogged about Jon, so may need to blog about you too.

Really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy revgen schedule to inspire others and show them whats possible!
    Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant
    Discover High Paying, High Integrity 5 Star Affiliate Programs
    Leading Affiliate Marketing Blog :: Pro Affiliate Forums

SitePoint Evangelist Chromate222's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see this thread going on for ages - I hope you know what you've let yourself in for!

Do you have special direct relationships with certain merchants that pay you greater commission levels than publicly advertised?

If so, what proportion of the programs you promote have put you on a "hidden tier" of commission? In the majority of cases, do you think you would still be able to successfully promote these programs via PPC if it were not for the higher commissions, or are they simply like a performance bonus to you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are awesome results. Surprised you would share such info, good for you for doing so.

Do you earn exclusively from UK networks/merchants, or do you work with any on this side of the world?
    Are you familiar with MaxBounty.com yet?
    • Over 500 CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    • Over 11,000 network affiliates seeking programs to advertise
    • 5% per affiliate on the second tier

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromate222
    I can see this thread going on for ages - I hope you know what you've let yourself in for!

Do you have special direct relationships with certain merchants that pay you greater commission levels than publicly advertised?

If so, what proportion of the programs you promote have put you on a "hidden tier" of commission? In the majority of cases, do you think you would still be able to successfully promote these programs via PPC if it were not for the higher commissions, or are they simply like a performance bonus to you?
    Being honest, in the sectors which I am most active in I am on hidden tiers and performance bonuses for every merchant I promote. And yes some of these are direct relationships and some are through affiliate networks, about a 50/50 split.

Of course the higher commission rates do help me to be more aggressive with ppc ads. However, when a new merchant comes into play I have to promote them on the same CPA rate as everyone else. Only after I get a few sales under my belt does the negotiating begin and the possibility of increased commissions for increased CPA levels come into play.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stefan 55: I'm afraid I don't want to divulge what sectors work for me best, for obvious reasons. And as for finding profitable niches I find that "first mover advantage" plays a big part in my experience. In other words when a new merchant launches an affiliate program I quickly research the sector, see of there is a revenue opportunity and if there is I get a landing page up ASAP and get some Google ads live. By doing this I often find I can get high conversion rates for my ads (as less competition) which helps me when all the other affiliates pile on board. By having a good conversion rate then my ads keep at the top of Google and are profitable.

Linda: Thanks for your comments, I read your blog daily and am a big fan!

JP Sauve: No, I don't promote any American/Canadian merchants. The reason for this is that none of my sites get any traffic from your part of the world. Plus I don't really have any experience or knowledge of your markets/sectors. Well certainly not enough to launch some successful sites/campaigns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We Have New Legend over here on SitePoint Forum

SitePoint Enthusiast scottyparks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your success.

One question if you have a second: In Adwords, do you stick with Google search /Search Network, or also run your campaigns on the content network? Which converts better?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mook-Jon where are you
    You must see this

SitePoint Evangelist Chromate222's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UKoffer
    Being honest, in the sectors which I am most active in I am on hidden tiers and performance bonuses for every merchant I promote. And yes some of these are direct relationships and some are through affiliate networks, about a 50/50 split.
    Do you have any tips as to how you should go about negotiating with merchants to get to these hidden tiers? Is it basically a case of saying something along the lines of, "If I had 10% more commission, I could make 20% more sales for you" ... for example?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyparks
    Congrats on your success.

One question if you have a second: In Adwords, do you stick with Google search /Search Network, or also run your campaigns on the content network? Which converts better?

Thanks!
    Hi, I always stick with the Google Search / Search Network option and never use their content network. I find conversions almost non-existant on the content network, in my experience.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromate222
    Do you have any tips as to how you should go about negotiating with merchants to get to these hidden tiers? Is it basically a case of saying something along the lines of, "If I had 10% more commission, I could make 20% more sales for you" ... for example?
    Well as I mentioned earlier I always push programs on the same rate as other affiliates at first. This proves to the merchant that you are serious and can generate sales. I then send them an email or call them and say that their program is working well cut it could work better. I have a couple of ideas that can generate some more sales for you, in return for a higher CPA.

What's better is when you own a site that really dominates a particular niche. That's when you get merchants approaching you asking how much they need to pay to be given greater exposure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy to have more successful members contributing!
    http://www.host-advice.com - Web Hosting Company Comparison

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much of your revenue comes from the poker sites you are promoting? You don't have to give us an exact number, but just wondering if it is a large percentage.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeenThere
    How much of your revenue comes from the poker sites you are promoting? You don't have to give us an exact number, but just wondering if it is a large percentage.
    Not a lot is the honest answer, probably less than 10%. Poker is a new market to me and I haven't really had the time to give it a big push as yet. Also, competition is fierce and the Google ppc ban on gambling sites doesn't help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice UKoffer,

A couple questions:

I noticed you had a little legal run in with Sony - seeing as you make millions a year, do you hire outside help, such as have a regularly-hired lawyer for such events, a team of programmers and designers, etc.? From the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like you do, and I was wondering why.

Cheers
    Tyler Cruz
    TylerCruz.com
    PublisherSpot.com: Professional Reviews of Ad Networks