SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fireworks 4 working canvas

Which width and height should i use for my canvas in fireworks 4?
    I want my websites i design to display inside a 15in monitor without users having to scroll to the right.

I would have thought 800 by 600 would have been fine, which is what my screen display properties is set to, however this doesn't take into account the space at the top which internet explorer uses and you still have to scroll to the right. I think it strange that you still need to scroll to the right when the width of the canvas was the same as my display properies?
    Shouldn't it fit perfect that way?

Is there a set amount of width and height for a canvas in design packages such as firework and photoshop for 15in, 17in, 19in monitors?

I have several books but none have gone into this, i think its a very important point, if your going to design web pages it should be the first thing you learn.

Any help appreciated,
    Many thanks in advance
    Add your web design / hosting companies to my directory - Web Hosting Directory
    Want to join our panel of experts? - Hosting Forums ( top right of forums -expert drop down box for more info ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a good article about that at WebMonkey. According to it the canvas for 15" should be no larger than 760x395 px.

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At any resolution, it's good to shave off about 40 pixels to compensate for the browser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Webmonkey.com has made a Photoshop document (which Fireworks should be able to open) that has templates of IE and NS at 640x480 and 800x600. It's a BEAUTIFUL way to design.

Simply open them up, and place any new layers under the chrome layers and presto.

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...x3a_page3.html
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes