SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paypal personal vs. business account

Is there any way to "redirect" a payment from a personal account to a business account?

I have 2 paypal accounts, a personal and a business account.

I mostly use my personal account to receive payments (to avoid fees), but sometimes I get a credit card payment and it says that Personal Accounts cannot receive credit card payments.
    Z2 Games - innovative, free games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you cannot redirect a payment from one account to the other. You could deny the payment in your Personal account and then Request Money from your Business account, but then the payment is not guaranteed.

Of course, it would be best to use a Business account for any eCommerce site to avoid any disruption of your ability to fulfill customers' purchases due to a blocked credit card payment, Receiving Limit, or any other limit on your Personal account.

If you are using PayPal to accept payments on eBay, the current policy is that you must accept any payment that is sent to you for a completed auction or sale regardless of how the payment was funded (and so you ought to be using your Buiness account for that).
    Sell more worldwide!
    PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal
    now support 6 currencies and 174 countries