SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yahoo question...

I need opinions on the best approach for submitting to Yahoo. Is it advisable to submit to a LOCAL Yahoo directory, or is it better to submit to the main directory? I've heard that it is easier to get into the local directory, but I'd like to read other opinions on the matter.

Thanks!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you submit to the local directory, it would probably be easier. I think it might even mysteriously appear in the main dir too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it will be much easier. In the past, people said that submitting to local directory can have a higher chance of being reviewed by editors.

However, business express is also applicable to many local Yahoo!. You will get the same chance. (Reviewed within 7 days by Yahoo! editor if you pay the business express fee).

Also, if a local Yahoo! does not have English version, your site will not be found in Yahoo! main even you are accepted by local yahoo.
    Search Engine Optimization and Yahoo Ranking Services - at Affordable Price!!

PS: We attain at least 10 No.1 positions in Yahoo, and at least 25 Top 10 positions in Yahoo. All are highly competitive keywords!!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the days when you could submit to Yahoo for free, I found that submitting regionally was best.

Now I find the only benefit to submitting regionally is that the categories are less dense than the ones on Yahoo.com, which could potentially lead to an increase in traffic.

Adam
    Find A Web Host: Click Here
    Hosting News & Information:Click Here
    Web Host Reseller Info:Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main

Alex
    Ummmm.......

Whats the internet ??????