Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: About phpLD 3.0 Development
Feb 7, 2006, 12:54 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Silicon Valley
- 3 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
About phpLD 3.0 Development
I haven't been able to post here as much lately, because 3.0 has been an ioncredible success, and I'm trying my hardest to keep up with all of the new customers, support requests, and mod requests. It is because of you that I have been able to bring this software this far, and I am both humbled and thankful.
I wanted to at least let you know that your hard earned money is being spent to make the software even better, and in a few day you are about to see the next release of 3.0.
Here is a summary of what we have in the works or completed right now:
1) Really Simple Captcha - Is really, really simple and readable. It works with built in fonts, as well as GD or True Type if available.
2) Maintenance Section
- Database Backup Feature: create a zip or sql file just like phpmyadmin. This file can be saved on the server, downloaded or emailed.
- Query Feature: Allows you to do some simple queries to the database.
3) Search Feature in Admin: Allows you to search for links and approve or delete (especially helpful when many links to approve)
4) Detail Page: Works with or without mod rewrite. There is a sample in newstopica here: http://www.newstopica.com/testnewstopica/News_Area/
See the More Info Links. It will be similar in phpLD.
5) Category Cache: There will be a new table added to the database, that caches the full category tree for each category(ex. business > services > incorporation > by state). As soon as this is done it will clear the way for other important and requested features, such as being able to display categories in search results. Right now, we can do this, but not fast enough. That is why we need a cache.
6) Mod Rewrite when there is pagination: ex. http://www.newstopica.com/testnewsto...ea/page-3.html
7) XHTML Compliant: Certainly there are many template available now, but by default we want to be fully validated.
8 ) Fix for the numeric ID problem in links
9) Yahoo Sitemaps integration
A majority of this will be ready in a couple of days.
Thanks for your support!