VBulletin 3.5.3 admin - Coder has  us around *HELP*
This is a problem my friend has so if anyone can help be much appriciated!
My friend has vbulletin 3.5.3 and we hired a coder to help set it up! So this coder installed the forum and the template but he has access to the vbulletin admincp with his username and password and we don't know it.
Reason is he has  off and won't give us our template back, we have access to the ftp server and the cpanel where all the database is but we dont know the main vb admin passes to get the backup the template
how do we change the main vbulletin adminstrator username and password as the coder as set that up and any password recovery will be sent to his email!!
so is there anyway around the vb admincp login screen is there a hack or is there some way we could change some details from the backend via the ftp or the cpanel?
eventually wen we backup the data and skin template we will re-install vb and change all passwords on ftp, cpanel, and new vb but until we can fix this problem
The most straight-forward way (but certainly not the only way).
1) Open cPanel, choose 'mysql databases' - look for the phpmyadmin link and click it.
2) select the vBulletin database from the menu.
3) locate the 'user' table and open it
4) edit the row which is the admin user, and change the email address to yours
5) save it, and then request the password through vBulletin the usual way.