SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Bank account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Bank account

Hello everyone, i'm looking for a checking account in US bank for nonresidents under 18years. I'll need also internet banking and Visa/Visa Electron. Please help me..

Kind Regards,
    Grega

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can keep looking, i could sell you info on how to do what you want, but you have to be 18 to open an account in the usa for nonresidents, and only 1 bank can do it for you by mailing them forms.. (not actually coming there)
    Run a site? over 1,000 uniques a day? PM me for link exchange.

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think you are going to have any luck finding that. US banking rules have gotten tighter over here in the last 5 years. Accounts for minors have to be opened with a parent and all banks now ask for a social security number as far as I know.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You won't be able to get a US merchant account without having a US Based business, US address, and social security number. Plus, you'll need the signature of your parents as you are a minor. Basically, I doubt that's going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got a us bank account with a few forms and a copy of my passport.. the account is classed as "investor account" but you can do whatever with it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll need account to withdraw money from paypal. It only supports US accounts. Hey cr0Cx are you more than 18? Should i rather use 2Checkout or something even better to receive money to accounts outside US?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes im over 18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what about any trusted bank in europe which could get me an account for nonresidents under 18?

Regards,
    Gregg

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not positive, but I'd assume most (if not all) countries would require a coapplicant for people under 18. Here you can't sign a legal contract until you're 18 and an adult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cr0CX
    i got a us bank account with a few forms and a copy of my passport.. the account is classed as "investor account" but you can do whatever with it..
    Sorry about Hijacking the thread but could you point me in the direction of doing this. I'm over 18 and also need to open a US account to withdraw from paypal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a merchant account without a social security number. You can get a bank account without a social security number (as long as it is not interest bearing). But with you not being 18 years of age, you cannot get a merchant account.

You might check out eTrade - a few of our international clients have had success in getting an account opened with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, here's the problem. In future i'll open one big community and also hosting site. I want to receive money from ads and money from hosting but not to bank account in my country cause than i have to pay taxes and write a tax report and even in this case will be problems, cause i should open a company. If i do that i almost havo no profit and i'm just and another hosting providers(can't have low prices). I'm ready to accept any option that's available. Do anyone still have some suggestions? What about investor accounts. Are they really like normal checking where you can have Visa, Internet banking, pay checks,... maybe http://www.synthesisbank.com ?

TNX for all the answers..