SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is definitely worth it to shop around. A change of just 0.01% can be huge in the long run if you have enough volume.

I think cancellation fees are bogus too, I understand early cancellation fees, but after a year or whatever there really shouldn't be one.

Check out John's special offer: http://www.jnamerchantservices.com/sitepoint.php
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the cost of doing business. Some companies charge fees because it does cost them something. Plus most companies are in business to make money. My agent also helps me from time to time in determining a few factors, but charges me an hourly rate, as expected. Time is money and it is still a lot cheaper than excepting checks, driving to the bank, having them deposited etc.

I expect to charge for my services and I expect to be charged for the services that I have used.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to point out that the merchant account providers are having to pay a fee to an AVS service. This is why they pass that cost on to the merchant. Typically an AVS service charges between 3 and 10 cents per usage, depending on volume, to the payment gateway/MSP. This fee is charged per usage, whether the transaction is approved or declined is not an issue to the AVS service.
    Michael Sperber / Astral Group Inc / e-commerce solutions
    info@astralgrouponline.com Skype:msperber
    www.astralgrouponline.com Phone +1 954 650 5789
    ICQ 177961090

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is not paypal website payments pro a real merchant account?
    Regards, Bugmaster
    http://www.LogoWars.com - Run your own Banner Ad or Logo Contest
    Click here For Webhosting Special on SitePoint

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmaster
    Is not paypal website payments pro a real merchant account?
    No. It's more like a true merchant account then their regular service but it is not a true merchant acount.

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sperbonzo
    I would like to point out that the merchant account providers are having to pay a fee to an AVS service. This is why they pass that cost on to the merchant. Typically an AVS service charges between 3 and 10 cents per usage, depending on volume, to the payment gateway/MSP. This fee is charged per usage, whether the transaction is approved or declined is not an issue to the AVS service.
    Naturally they pass the cost on to the merchant. But when they separate in their cost structure they basically are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of online merchants. Online merchants must do AVS or else their rates sky rocket. So to claim to have a transaction fee of only 25 cents but not have that include AVS is misleading and preying on those who do not have a firm understanding of how merchants work. And typically a merchant won't realize their mistake until after they sign the contract and lock themselves in for three years with a high cancellation fee.