SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on Joomla Components

I'd really appreciate some help with this - I've had a search around the forum for similar problems, and while they've helped a bit, I'm still not 100% sure of the solution.

I'm sure it's very simple - when a user registers with the site I want to build, they will need to fill in a form of reasonable length. The details submitted will be stored in a database. However, I'd like to be able to offer registered users the opportunity to log into the site and be presented with a summary of their details and the option to edit/delete them as required.

Community Builder has been suggested to me, but I was wondering if there were other options.

Thanks very much for your time.

SitePoint Evangelist bronze trophy Derek Sheppard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simontheak
    Community Builder has been suggested to me, but I was wondering if there were other options.
    That's what I'd recommend. Do you have a budget for this? If so, Mambolance.com may help with customization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Derek - out of interest, I've just discovered Phil-A-Form.

Have you/anyone used that before? And would you still recomend using that over Community Builder?

SitePoint Evangelist bronze trophy Derek Sheppard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phill-A-Form is a decent forms builder with nice features, however Community Builder already integrates a semi-customizable registration form directly into the registration process. It may be enough right out of the box.

If you want to go the custom route, Rob Clayborn's MosForms is open source, and he is capable and reasonably priced for custom work.