Not sure if this should be in MySQL or PHP so if I put it in the wrong place please move it to the correct location.

I have 1 database with 2 tables:

jobs table includes the following:
job_id as the pk
job_name

photos table includes:
photo id_ as the pk
photo_name
photo_description

I might not understand normalization correctly, but how I understand it is since multiple photos would have the same job_name a different table is required for that.

I have a form that requires the user to enter in a photo description and a job name if it is a new job - otherwise there is a drop down list that shows job names already entered. Where I am running into the problem is each time a job_name is entered it creates a new row - even if it is a duplicate name. Right now because it is entereing in a new row each time even if a duplicate job name the user has multiple of the same job name in the drop down.

What I am trying to do is is not have the same job listed in 15 different rows if there is 15 different photos from the same job. I have no idea how to go about associating 15 photos to the same job_id and job_name so a new row is not created each time.

If looking at the query I am using is needed please let me know and I will add it.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.