User Tag List

illegal ********* immigrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.SWF compression help!

Dear Sitepointers,

I did a little video today in after effects 7.0.

here is the result

The problem is that it is 12mb and I have no idea how to make it alot smaller.

I would really appreciate if someone would help me on that

Thank you!

SitePoint Evangelist pedrodonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I'm not quite clued up on after effects or advanced video editing but you could try and convert the video file using different codecs and comparing the size at the end.
    If youre trying to achieve a panoramic 360 degree view another alternative is to do so by using only images imported into flash and adding abit of actionscript. There's a tonne of tutorials out there which you can have a look at (just google "360 degree panoramic flash") and i'm positive that the final size of the .swf will be much much smaller than if you use a video.

Edit:

If you make the whole thing in flash you can also have alot more user interactivity, for example if the user moves his mouse to the far left side of the image the image will scroll the opposite way and vise versa.

illegal ********* immigrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the fast anwser however, I have 0 Flash skills, I would be just happy with the same video, just smaller...

any other ideas ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Your video should be switched with a static image that you scroll left and right. It should compress down to under 100k.

2. If you insist on using video, use the program "Squeeze" to compress it to Flash video.