SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Promoting a web site for Toronto teens...

currently I am trying to develp a community/portal for Toronto teenagers, but unlike general web sites, I don't have many options for advertising.

I have looked for other Toronto we sites to exchnage links with, but there aren't many web sites for Torontonians.

I know that this project could be sucessful since there are millions of teens in my city. But does anyone have any idea of how I could cheaply promote this site to that audience?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheaply? get word of mouth out, if you are in school then tell all your friends about it, open up a chatroom and get them to talk in there after school. on the school computers change the default homepage on as many computers as you can to that of your site.

If you arent in school then maybe donate mouse pads to a few local schools. My old school had mouse matts donated to them by 4 companies all of wich i can still recall.

just a few ideas. (if you are still in school then it should be quite easy, just tell all your friends and let word float around)... alternativly make a short flash cartoon that would be funny (ie: Joecartoon`s frog in a blender)

What's HTML?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viral marketing is key in your situation. Network with as many teenagers as you can. Create business cards and hand them out at schools in the area. Have some bumper stickers made and give them to friends. Go to local clubs and tell people about your project.

Don't sit at home tonight, get out and spread the word.
    Ryan Kuhle - A Proud Advisor - Got Questions? Just Ask!
    Get your website started for less than $20! Click Here