SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry More Fraking Problems!

Okay All. I am offically leaving after this thread to hunt down my hosting provider at his house and "have my ways with him."

Now my addon domains dont work at all.

I have been working on the 0DI.net project and a week into it it started redirecting. My main site is www.pbkill.com. But now when I try to go to www.0di.net id redirects to www.pbkill.com/0di in which nothing works becuase all of the files are set up for 0di.net links.

What can I do? I am still looking for another host that offers the amount I get for $4. Up untill now I have been very happy with my service and support.

My host has still not contacted me after:
    # Countless support tickets from Cpanel.
    # Countless emails.
    # phone message.

Tomarrow I am calling all day long!, that is if I dont find him tonight

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately you get what you pay for... But the trick is using a domain park option in cpanel not addon...
    Michael D'Angelo
    mdangelo@mdangelo.com
    Free Link Popularity, www.expirednic.com
    Macintosh Webmaster Information, www.webmastermac.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you mean domain park? An addon domain is when the domain you bought IE (0di.net) is set up on a subdmoain (0di.pbkill.com) as a regular domain. And it has randomly stopped working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, Michael is right. YOu get what you pay for here. Multiple domains on a $4 package - not a good sign there.

Sounds like the host may have some config problems, or a need to restart some services. Also if the domain was ever used as a parked domain or an add-on domain before, espeically on the same server - it will give you all kinds of errors if you try to add it again. Usually due to errors in creating/removing entries.

Take a look at InMotion Hosting - you cant get multiple domain hosting for $4 a month - but the tech support and service are amazing, quick, and actually know their stuff.
    Online Marketing and Web Hosting by
    InMotion Hosting, Inc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see 7.95 with a $30 setup fee?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

He was recommending you check that company out- not saying that they had what you wanted for your price range... he was kindly trying to suggest that you need to re-evaluate your price point for your expectations.

But then again a 30 activation fee is ludicrous- No offense Jstow- it however has its place these days (getting more serious customers). I just am not gonna bother peddling my hosting offer... I personally don't play the same game of competing dollar wise- whioch is why the sites I host are professionals or very large startups.
    Michael D'Angelo
    mdangelo@mdangelo.com
    Free Link Popularity, www.expirednic.com
    Macintosh Webmaster Information, www.webmastermac.com