SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with my "dates"

So everything on my resume page is now practically perfect, but...the dates don't seem to line up correctly. The odd thing is that it's always one date, the second one doesn't go where it's supposed to go. Here's the link: My Resume . Thanks for any help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked in FF and IE, the dates looked fine in both. The only thing I saw was that in FF, the text on your top page runs off. I couldn't easily (or even with a little effort) balance which closing tag went with which opening, but if you just stick a "clearer" div at the bottom of your first "sheet" it should pull that div down to enclose it.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jake4974
    I checked in FF and IE, the dates looked fine in both. The only thing I saw was that in FF, the text on your top page runs off. I couldn't easily (or even with a little effort) balance which closing tag went with which opening, but if you just stick a "clearer" div at the bottom of your first "sheet" it should pull that div down to enclose it.
    Odd...

By adding a "clearer" div, you mean putting another </div> after my supposed last div for the first page correct? When I do that, it shifts the second page upwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, could have been clearer (so to speak), at the bottom of your first "page" div (after the text, but before you close the "page" div) put a <div style="clear:both"></div>. That's pretty nice looking btw.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jake4974
    sorry, could have been clearer (so to speak), at the bottom of your first "page" div (after the text, but before you close the "page" div) put a <div style="clear:both"></div>. That's pretty nice looking btw.
    Hrmmm...I never used a <div style> before. Didn't seem to work for the date =(.

Thanks for the compliments about the page! This has been one of the most challenging designs I've ever done. It seemed so simple, but in actual practice seemed to be more difficult than I thought.