SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shesays
    (yes, a tall 5 foot 10 woman here, and horrified to think I would intimidate half the population!)
    Don't be horrified.
    Revel.
    Using your unpaid time to add free content to SitePoint Pty Ltd's portfolio?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samsm
    Don't be horrified.
    Revel.
    Good point!

The Mind's I ģ silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am 6'1", my fiancť is 5'7" !!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone!!

I have no exclusive taste in women, they all have something that makes them unique and beautiful.
    But my preference is girls almost my height, my own height or a little bit taller, I'm 5'10 and I find tall girls incredibly sexy with their long legs and that taking life by the balls attitude that most I've known tend to have... maybe that's what it is, that attitude that comes with it plus the aesthetics... to me there's nothing like walking into a place with my girl and finding everyone staring at us (or her, probably), but we do make a good couple, she's tall and blonde, and I'm of mediterranean descent, gotta love that mix.

I have dated shorter women but for reason I find them boring and way too insecure for my taste, I'm not saying they all are but the ones I've been with yeah....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder what is the average height of a humanbeing worldwide?
    any anatomical demographics site you know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

According to that page the tallest average height comes from the Netherlands!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavius
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

According to that page the tallest average height comes from the Netherlands!
    yep, we're big guys :d

SitePoint Wizard Pedro Monteiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short Women usually mean small feet, which is deffinately something a appreciate in a lady!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd much rather have a woman who is shorter than me, it is a little awkward for me to have to look up to see her face.

But I guess for the right girl I really wouldn't care too much either way.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 5.6" tall and my short stature had always been an impediment for achieving poise and self-confidence. It was about two years ago that I met my wife and we almost instantly made connection. She is about half an inch shorter than me but I would always feel a little insecure whenever she wore sandals. This would make her look much taller than myself. Not that anything wrong with that but society collectively feeds us with some stereotypes and a guy shorter than a woman would always raise eyebrows. My wife (who back then was my girlfriend) was conscious of myself being a little uneasy. She started coaching me on improving my dress coordination and also suggested that I should try wearing those walktall shoes. Doing a little research myself I gathered some info on stretching exercises. Although itís true that exercises will not make you grow taller but it definitely helped me improve my posture. We certainly have more height hidden behind our slouched back and shabby dressing than we ever realize. There are some very basic stretching exercises and vertical fashion techniques that together can make a noticeable improvement in your height. And lastly itís all a matter of perception. It all boils down to how we perceive ourselves. A better height can add to our confidence, but again, itís our mind that perhaps makes us insecure. Some short dudes possess endless energy that makes their presence much taller than their height. You can follow the link below to get more info on posture exercises and some basic visual height enhancement techniques:
    http://www.walktallshoes.com/grow-taller.html

Good luck

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am 6 feet tall, have been since I was 12 years old. What I hated most were the short guys trying to dance with me, you all know why!

I married a guy who is a few inches taller and that is why I call him shorty when I wear high heels -- Datura
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5'5'' - 5'9'' preferably.
    Saul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like 'em short so you can put your laptop on thier head will recieving same

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberIslanddude View Post
    I'm 5.6" tall and my short stature had always been an impediment for achieving poise and self-confidence. It was about two years ago that I met my wife and we almost instantly made connection. She is about half an inch shorter than me but I would always feel a little insecure whenever she wore sandals. This would make her look much taller than myself. Not that anything wrong with that but society collectively feeds us with some stereotypes and a guy shorter than a woman would always raise eyebrows. My wife (who back then was my girlfriend) was conscious of myself being a little uneasy. She started coaching me on improving my dress coordination and also suggested that I should try wearing those walktall shoes. Doing a little research myself I gathered some info on stretching exercises. Although itís true that exercises will not make you grow taller but it definitely helped me improve my posture. We certainly have more height hidden behind our slouched back and shabby dressing than we ever realize. There are some very basic stretching exercises and vertical fashion techniques that together can make a noticeable improvement in your height. And lastly itís all a matter of perception. It all boils down to how we perceive ourselves. A better height can add to our confidence, but again, itís our mind that perhaps makes us insecure. Some short dudes possess endless energy that makes their presence much taller than their height. You can follow the link below to get more info on posture exercises and some basic visual height enhancement techniques:
    http://www.walktallshoes.com/grow-taller.html

Good luck
    Cool story, CyberIslandDude

Keep Moving Forward gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberIslanddude
    I would always feel a little insecure whenever she wore sandals. This would make her look much taller than myself. Not that anything wrong with that but society collectively feeds us with some stereotypes and a guy shorter than a woman would always raise eyebrows
    It's not just because of social pressure. It's innate. We're instinctively wired to think / feel like that.

Even if there were no other human beings on the planet but your wife and yourself, you'd feel a little awkward about it, I'm sure. It mightn't bug you as much, but it still would bug you (until you got used to it).

There's no logic behind it... it's just a feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun(OfTheDead) View Post
    There's no logic behind it... it's just a feeling.
    If people could learn this, it would solve so many problems in this world...

You coul stop wars with this...but you will never be able to get people to quit being emotional

Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    but you will never be able to get people to quit being emotional
    And why would you? It's one of the most amazing things about being human.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    And why would you? It's one of the most amazing things about being human.
    Yeah, especially when folks get emotional and bring down the twin towers!

Which causes us to get emotional in return to go kill them...it's a never ending circle that will never cease...until that guy gets here....

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavern View Post
    I noticed that Vinyl-Junkie stated that she is 5' 9" and I am also that height. Sooooooooo,

Gentlemen:

What's your preference to date and/or marry and why?

<Keep it clean for Heaven's sake>
    wow this is an old thread....

at first i thought this might be a trick question tryin to weed out all the shallow men on SP, but i actually see you were serious

how can someone choose to marry someone else purely on what they look like.... i guess i know it happens... but jeeze... how shallow is that... i can hear the vows now.... "im marryin this woman because she is 6ft 5... just the perfect height" ... its all very ridiculous...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 5'9" and enjoy being tall. It helps me to weed out those guys who aren't comfortable being around strong, self-confident women.

The downside is that it also tends to attract the types who are looking for someone to dominate their lives and tell them what to do.

I would always be willing to compromise on the height issue, but I will not compromise on qualities such as high integrity, good character, and emotional strength. These are musts.

Even so, I'd prefer the guy to be at least near to my own size.

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwizzy View Post
    how can someone choose to marry someone else purely on what they look like.... i guess i know it happens... but jeeze... how shallow is that... i can hear the vows now.... "im marryin this woman because she is 6ft 5... just the perfect height" ... its all very ridiculous...
    Well, no matter how shallow is that, it is how it is. I can't imagine my wife being smaller than 5' or taller than 6'. I simply can't.
    Saul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    Well, no matter how shallow is that, it is how it is
    Not really...I'm currently looking for a wife that weighs at least 500 pounds. I think it would be interesting being married to a big fat gal.

I always heard if you marry a beautiful, buxom beauty then she'll justy cheat on you. Who needs that?

If I can land a fat chick, nobody is gonna wanna do anything with her!

Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    until that guy gets here....
    Steady on.

If I can land a fat chick, nobody is gonna wanna do anything with her!
    And again... you don't know who you might be insulting with that kind of comment...

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy mizwizzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    Well, no matter how shallow is that, it is how it is. I can't imagine my wife being smaller than 5' or taller than 6'. I simply can't.
    lol php..... jeeeeze talk about high standards!! *pardon the pun*

Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    Steady on.

And again... you don't know who you might be insulting with that kind of comment...

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say, I would have married my husband if he was short. I love his mind and who he is most of all. It is nice that we happen to fit in a physical way, but that never really was the dominating factor for me, but I must say that for him my tallness and looks were certainly a factor in the beginning -- Datura
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10