Somewhere in the forum I found that someone asked for how the glass buttons in Windows Vista website are done. It has been answered. But I thought to write my first ever tutorial on it. No more words. Let’s get started.
I will use a part of the “new bliss” wallpaper.
1. I used Rounded Rectangle (Shift + U) to draw a Vertical Rectangle. Name the layer as “shape”
2. Apply Layer Style to get the following effect. The settings of Layer Style are
Drop Shadow: Size = 13
Inner Glow: Blend Mode = Color Dodge
Opacity = 30%
Color = White
Size = 45 px
Stroke: Size = 1px and color=black
3. Make the Fill Value to 20%.
4. Use Elliptical Marquee tool to select an elliptical area .
Fill it with white color and Nudge or Move it to the left end. Name the layer “left highlight”
5. Select “left highlight” layer. Control + Left Click the “shape” layer, Press Control + Shift + I, Press Delete. You will be able to see some thing like this.
6. Add Vector Mask to the “left highlight” layer. Select Gradient Tool. Press D to Reset Foreground Color to Black and Background Color to White. Select the layer mask. Press Shift and Click and Drag you mouse to apply the gradient mask.
7.You will get something like this. I have used another highlight at the right. You can be creative in applying highlights.
8. Create a new Layer over “base” layer. Name it “Lens Glow”. Fill the layer with Black. Select Filter>Render>Lens Flare. Select Movie Prime as Lens Type. Click Ok.
Press and Hold Alt Key and Left Click between the two layers “base” and “Lens glow” You will get something like this image.
11. Select Layer Bending Option of the “Lens Glow” layer to “screen”.
Now some simple text stuff here. And it’s ready.
SO that’s it. Please let me know how it is. Please consider telling the both good things as well as bad things you found about the tutorial. I would like to avoid the loopholes in my next tutorial and try to improve the good points.