SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    london, uk
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Which email management program?

    Hi,

    Im not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, so if its not, please could you let me know where i should do so, thanks

    I run 3 eCommerce sites with different domain names obviously, and each have several email addresses, e.g. sales@, orders@, trade@,...

    Basically im currently using just Neomail from CPanel to manage all emails, but this is far from ideal. We have at least 2 people accessing the emails, sometimes 3, so need a system whereby all the email addresses from each domain can be easily managed.

    However, we do not require a ticketting system or automated reply, i just want a good program for email management.

    Also, i really want one that displays emails in HTML format, not just plain text.

    I have been recommended Cerberus Web, but have no idea if this is good or what i want or not.

    Any help will be much appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    SitePoint Evangelist Muller2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, couldn't the emails be delivered to mailboxes which you then access via outlook or something like that?

    Each outlook profile could then be relavent to the correct site - or have 3 really old machines processing the emails. Each machine is dedicated to email from each site. We do this but it really depends on your email levels etc..

    Plus it means you can locally back stuff up with .pst's etc.

    Let me know what you decide to do - interesting subject!

    Al

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_99uk
    Hi,

    Im not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, so if its not, please could you let me know where i should do so, thanks

    I run 3 eCommerce sites with different domain names obviously, and each have several email addresses, e.g. sales@, orders@, trade@,...

    Basically im currently using just Neomail from CPanel to manage all emails, but this is far from ideal. We have at least 2 people accessing the emails, sometimes 3, so need a system whereby all the email addresses from each domain can be easily managed.

    However, we do not require a ticketting system or automated reply, i just want a good program for email management.

    Also, i really want one that displays emails in HTML format, not just plain text.

    I have been recommended Cerberus Web, but have no idea if this is good or what i want or not.

    Any help will be much appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Cerberus is a email ticketing system. Currently we are using it for our Customer Support Department, thus any email send to our support email will be assign a ticket number and the various agent can log in and manage the email.
    Reliable Web Hosting | NetAsia Solutions - One-stop Web solution

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    london, uk
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muller2
    hmmm, couldn't the emails be delivered to mailboxes which you then access via outlook or something like that?

    Each outlook profile could then be relavent to the correct site - or have 3 really old machines processing the emails. Each machine is dedicated to email from each site. We do this but it really depends on your email levels etc..

    Plus it means you can locally back stuff up with .pst's etc.

    Let me know what you decide to do - interesting subject!

    Al
    we thought of outlook but was told that wasnt really adequate? we have diff people accesing the emails, so its possible someone cud go to reply to the same email at the same time, not likely but possible, and even more possible in the future.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been very happy using Eudora for nearly a decade handling multiple addresses and domains. The filtering system is great plus unlike Outlook you can actually grab specific mailbox files if you need to share them

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    london, uk
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SidraG
    I've been very happy using Eudora for nearly a decade handling multiple addresses and domains. The filtering system is great plus unlike Outlook you can actually grab specific mailbox files if you need to share them
    Thanks for your reply, does Eudora allow you to view emails as html and send html emails? Also, does it work using a ticketting system or is it purely email management?

    Thanks

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    london, uk
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone else have any information on the above or anyone that uses an email management program?

  8. #8
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too am searching around for an email solution that will allow multiple people to be logged in looking at the same info on the screen all the time. So far, Gmail in google apps seems to be the best from what I'm hearing..


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •