SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about paypal? *resolved*

I signed up for Paypal and i find something confusing - when i signed there wasn't any reference of asking me for my bank account number during the sign up process.

There was an instant where my CreditCard number was asked but which i declined. On the form there was being mentioned i could do this later on so i clicked the cancell button and continued on.

And i noticed my limit was 750 Euro's...how can this be? I never give any bank or credit card information.

Also i thought i could fill in my bank account number so when i want to make a purchase the spending amount would be withdrawn from my bank account.

And later when i clicked the banner for explanation in Dutch i noticed that first you have to make a deposit from your creditcard to the paypal account and then the spending amount will be withdrawn form the paypal account.

Can't i fund my paypal account with my bank account?

This issue has been resolved
    Last edited by Markz; Jan 20, 2006 at 17:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to no this, i just made up my account and havnt gave my bank details, can i still send/receive cash? But i dont want it to go into my bank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends on the country you are in.

Each country has different protocols due to previous behavior of customers and banking / merchant account regulations.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure about something regarding paying with Paypal, i have funds on my bank account in The Netherlands on a Dutch bank.

It stated on the ''add funds'' page when i clicked the tab that i do not need to ad funds to my paypal account to make a payment.

But my paypal account balance is zero,

If i use Paypal as an payment option can i then still purchase goods by using paypal?

Is this automaticly being processed by paypal? Meaning is the purchase ammount being processed from my bank account?

Sorry if this may sound stupid but i don't want to make mistakes with any purchases.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys, when i tried to purchase some domains my purchase could not complete.

When i viewed funding options the only option that i noticed was my creditcard and there was this note on the bottom.

Note: PayPal does not yet accept bank account transfers for Preapproved Payments in your country. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and are working to add this functionality in the future

So i presume i can only pay with credit card? I thought Paypal was so easy to use?

What is the difference with Preapproved and sending a Payment trough email as i presume PayPal is based upon.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm dutch too and I use paypal.

After I opened my account I went to "send funds" and there I got the bank account of a DUTCH Paypal account.

Meaning you will get a regular dutch banknumber and place. It's just like sending money in NL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seller Tools - Preapproved Payments has information about the Preapproved payments etc.