SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Advertising Space

Hi,

I know that I won't have to deal with this in the near future at all but I was wondering for a friend how do you go about selling advertising space on your websites. Do you have a contract which must be signed via fax or something? Do you request half payment upfront or something like that?

Do you have any demo contracts that I'd be able to use and modify or know a site where I can get royality free contracts for this sort of agreement?

ALso, do you refund advertisers if they change their mind, or the statistics aren't looking good? Or do you give your advertisers free trials of any sort?

Another, How do you accept payment? CC? Cheque? Paypal? Bank Transfer? Anything else?

Any help on any of the above is greatly appreciated.

-Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

step by step

Do you have a contract which must be signed via fax or something?
    It is a web-based contract.
    How do you accept payment? CC? Cheque? Paypal? Bank Transfer? Anything else?
    Most of them pay by check or bank transfer.

If you want to get money and do not be cheated, you can use some advertisers based on 3rd party programs, please read details from CJ, Befree and so on. I collect over 10 affiliate software and over 10 3rd party affiliate tracking tools on my site, if you are interest in, just visit my site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Selling Advertising Space

Do you have any demo contracts that I'd be able to use and modify or know a site where I can get royality free contracts for this sort of agreement?
    Yes, I have created this one I use:
    By replying to this message, you hereby agree to send full payment upfront for your guaranteed advertising campaign on Sports Central. You agree that there are neither guaranteed results nor refunds for your campaign. We stand by our non-refund policy and you agree to this with your reply. You understand that your campaign will be immediately activated when and only when your payment has been received and validated by us. This will be completed in as timely fashion as possible. We encourage you to read our Privacy Statement:
    http://www.sports-central.org/privacy.shtml .

Our organization/company name:
    Client organization/company name:
    Type of ad:
    Length of ad campaign:
    Placement:
    Cost:
    Payment type:
    Obviously, this is suited towards my site, so it needs to be changed, if you want to use it at all.

ALso, do you refund advertisers if they change their mind, or the statistics aren't looking good? Or do you give your advertisers free trials of any sort?
    As stated in my Advertiser Agreement, no, I don't do refunds.

Another, How do you accept payment? CC? Cheque? Paypal? Bank Transfer? Anything else?
    Only checks/money orders/wire transfer, currently. PayPal is possible, and credit cards isn't likely as that can be tricky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more options you have the better...

But you can't confuse the advertiser, so you'll have to get it very organized, and have the media kit ready - there is a tutorial on Sitepoint.com about media kits. Very useful.

Good luck
    Tutorials Search Engine: FindTutorials

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter....

Keep it simple...PayPal for payments. I just use Paypal. I bought advertising space and used paypal.