User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist Scott.Botkins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question About 2Checkout

Hello Everyone,

Someone recently just bought a website from me and this is my first time using 2checkout so now I have $350 sitting in there. It's a intangible product and I was wondering how long it will be until they put that money into my bank account?

Also has anyone ever had any bad experience from them? I've read some bad experiences from paypalsucks but I think everyone hates everything over on that site.

Thanks,
    Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been with 2checkout for years now and so far, they have been one of the most professional companys I have ever worked with. I know many may not agree with me.

I sell both tangible and intangible items and their payments are ALWAYS on time.

I get weekly disbursements, as long as it is over $300.
    Once you set up your EFT, it takes 5 working days to appear in your account.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks for letting me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cianuro... why do you use 2checkout when, for example, there is PayPal which is cheaper in all aspects?
    AskItOnline.com - Need answers? Ask it online.
    Create powerful online surveys with ease in minutes!
    Follow us on Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though you directed your question to someone else, I must say paypal is horrible. They stole $300 from me and I was not given one single reason why after arguing with them atleast 5 times over the phone, that is why I switched to 2checkout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually payments are every two weeks unless the volume is over $1,000.

Paypal can be great for some people but they are a very large company. And being large, they have a lot of customers. And trying to keep all those customers happy can be a very difficult thing to do. You will always find more problems with a company or product than you will compliments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdesigns
    cianuro... why do you use 2checkout when, for example, there is PayPal which is cheaper in all aspects?
    I use BOTH 2checkout and PAYPAL as my processors. I have been with 2checkout for a long time (Since I was 17 actually). Since I was too young to set up a PayPal account or have a credit card, I used my girlfriends.

This way, I could get payments I received from 2co into my bank account and payments into my PP account, I used for other online ventures, eBay, online purchases.

Its been that way ever since and I am happy with my setup.

2checkout have been absolutely amazing to me over the years. I have lost checks, they helped, I have had many chargebacks and they helped me fight a lot of them. Their customer service is excellent. PayPals on the other hand is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bryant
    Usually payments are every two weeks unless the volume is over $1,000.

Paypal can be great for some people but they are a very large company. And being large, they have a lot of customers. And trying to keep all those customers happy can be a very difficult thing to do. You will always find more problems with a company or product than you will compliments.
    I agree. I, as many people have, have had many problems with PayPal over the years. If I had to choose one, I would choose 2checkout. I am loyal to them and with good reason. PAYPAL never seemed to care about my issues. If it was only a $100 order, PP couldn't care less. They obviously have customers making more money for them that they concentrate on.

2co on the other hand would help me even with a $20 order.

Customer service is a BIG thing for me. I always judge a company on its CS.

Oh and Corey, I do get weekly disbursements. I'm a happy camper.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had horrible experiences with 2co and they were actually the reason why we got our first merchant account. No more nightmares for us. We control our money now and get paid daily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they have a page where I can see how much they are holding of my money? I've had $700 now paid to me in past 4 days and I can't seem to find it any where, they have however emailed me telling me it passed and is not on hold or fraud. Hopefully I'll get it deposited into my account thursday if not I'll wait until the 1st.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had bad experience with 2CO as a customer, not a merchant. Around October last year, I tried purchasing a product online. The seller used 2CO as its payment gateway. Everything worked fine. The total price for my purchase was correctly calculated. I was able to enter my personal details fine. It even let me enter my credit card details properly. The issue that occurred is that 2CO was not able to verify my CC details. (I think) depending on where you live, 2CO will verify your CC details by sending your details to a CC verification server located in your country of residence. When it tried to do mine, it continually timed out. Anyway, I sent numerous emails to 2CO. I did this and that, and none of their suggestions worked. The site that I was trying to make a purchase from gave me a few pointers, even tried a manual order for me, and in the end, I was not able to make a purchase using 2CO. I ended up using Paypal to buy the product. On later investigation, I tried pinging their CC verification server, and it timed out. I personally think that it was down at the time(and possibly still is), and therefore 2CO was not able to verify my CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long does this take:

"Unfortunately your funds will not be released today. Your account is still in the verifications process. Once we have received confirmation from your custoemrs by phone your account will be verified."

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used 2co for years without issue as well.

I'm stopping to use them though... I just don't need to anymore. One product I sold through them is now sold through an ecommerce site, the other product I now sell through cafepress.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shockbotkins
    How long does this take:

"Unfortunately your funds will not be released today. Your account is still in the verifications process. Once we have received confirmation from your custoemrs by phone your account will be verified."
    They are just contacting some of your customers to verify you have sold them items. You would be surprised at the number of people that sign up just to run credit card numbers thru their system to see if they are good and if they can potentially get money

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are their fees?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i never have used 2CO but i have heard way to many complaints from users to ever give it a try