User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard Another Designer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put down for good work!

This is the work I did

I did 100% of this work for a company several years back for a company CD ROM. It took forever! But I was the only designer working on it. Correction: I did get a very small amount of help at the end of the project on the drag and drop because I was running out of time.

Two people I have come across donít believe I designed this job. But I did. And now the temp agency claims not to have me on their local database! So how am I supposed to prove I worked on the project? I am going to contact the temp agency again to see if this can be straightened out!

They company I designed this CD ROM for claims it was NOT FUNCTIONAL! Well thatís what they get for not hiring testers. They are a multi billion dollar company and they didnít have testers? And it seems functional to me. Sure, a few of the drag and drops donít seem to work all that correctly, but other than that I think it works.

They started giving my work to someone else to finish. They claimed I was taking too long! For all I know this person screwed up everything and that is why it was ďnot fictional.Ē I truly believe this is what happened.

How do you think I should handle this? I mean, I need to prove I did this job. What if the recruiters no longer have my name and information on any of their databases? Iím sure they do at the corporate headquarters. And I still do have some of the pay stubs. On the other hand, I donít know if the company I designed the CD ROM for even remembers me. And even though I did a good job, they didnít think so. The corporate world is a cut throat world, and even if you sweat blood for them they donít care if it means they look b ad for not doing t heir part.

Should I sue if they donítí give me a good reference?

Iím in panic mode, so I hope I am clear. If not please let me know.
    Thanks

This is the work I did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should I sue if they donítí give me a good reference?
    On what grounds???

Even if you're the best designer in the world, if they weren't happy with your work, they don't have to give you a good reference.

Do you not have any other work in your portfolio to show to prospective customers?

If I were you, I wouldn't show potential customers a job that wasn't completed to the original customers satisfaction (even if it wasn't your fault.) If you do, you're opening yourself up to disapointment when they check the reference and hear all kinds of nasty things about you (whether those things are true or not.)

Just my $0.02
    Now Hiring
    Looking for (x)html coder/ php programmer/
    WordPress expert for project work. PM me with
    your rates and work samples if you're interested.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry bud, but you can't sue just because someone doesn't give you a good reference. If they actually lie about you it would be slander (or libel?? not sure which). Then you might have a leg to stand on.

Don't you still have the original FLA files? I would hope those would go quite a long way into showing you did the work

SitePoint Wizard Another Designer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.
    Yes, I have the original Fla files and more. I have about 20 CD Roms of backups.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just bill them and move on.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Designer
    Thanks.
    Yes, I have the original Fla files and more. I have about 20 CD Roms of backups.
    Thanks
    There's your proof...