SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2checkout CVV2/CVC2 question

Hello ! I got a question regarding a payment through my 2checkout.com account ... today i recieved a payment , still in Pending status though... the problem is that when i check the invoice , i see " CVV2/CVC2 Not matched" although it states "Status: approved" ... i was wondering , if CVV2 code not matched, how did the transaction worked ? I got the automating email , and all that ..

I'm a bit confused Anybody got an idea about what's going on ? thanks in advace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Although I know very little about 2checkout.com's security measures, I do have a couple of insights into the industry.

Some places generally account for human error, and build up a fraud-score on a per-order basis depending on lots of different variables (for example, the price of the item, IP address and location their buying from, billing and delivery address matches or mismatches etc.).

Now if very little else is flagged up as being suspect, small mistakes can go through (some merchants allow you to miss out the CVC2 code completely, if it's been rubbed off or is illegible etc.).

But as a rule of thumb, be a little more cautious about orders with this sort of thing flagged, perhaps give them a phone call to confirm etc.

Just my 0.02p,
    - Harry

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply ! well for now i'll just wait for 2checkout to do their verifications , the transaction has been made only a couple of hours ago , and from what i read i should wait 3 days for 2CO to process and deposit the money to my account.