SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Best estimates for this ecommerce project

I have been offered the chance to build an ecommerce site that people can sign up for and access documents. Some of these documents will be free and some they will have to pay for, only small amounnts.

I am in the process of looking at different ways of building the project including developing the ecommerce system from scratch or using some of the open source products available.

I haven't got a clue how much to charge the client and what to do about things like ongoing support and development. I will base my prices around how much time i think myself and a colleague will put into the project. Obviously it will take a hell of a lot of work to get the project off the ground and i want to ensure that we make a tidy profit of the project to kickstart our new business.

I am think of somewhere in the thousands, possibly 3,000 upwards at least. How much do ecommerce projects start at. I know it is like asking how long is a peice of string but just want to get some ballpark figures.

Thanks

John
    <use your signature>

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but pricing cannot be discussed in our forums. Thread closed.