User Tag List

Thread: SEO Services

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEO Services

Hi guys I have been doing search engine optimization for the past two years and had great success. Actually I am planning to set up a SEo service company do u think its worth doing it coz i have been doing Seo for my web sites and now I wanted it do it for others. Do you think I can generate customers through online marketing or through other search engines results. Please suggest.

Mike
    Regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm am working with a guy who has been in the industry about 10 years I would guess. He says he gets most of his new clients through referrals or SE results. I have to go out and actively pursue clients for the most part. Either that or I take some of his spill over.

From downunder but sure 2 rise Hazardous's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try getting an article into a business newspaper with your successes. This works great!
    Especially when starting out. It'll prob be easier working with local clients so, target the local business paper or magazine
    Hazardous
    My Blog

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankx Duilen, thankx Hazardous for giving me such useful suggestions.

Best Regards,
    Mike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck mikeshammy to your new found business

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest to work as a freelancer, as you start getting more projects you can set your own SEO company.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u etechsupport, thank u dehen for the valuable suggestion. I have come accross some free lance web site for example rentacoder and other, there is lot of competition and people are ready to do seo for 100 dollars, I don't understand how come people are ready to provide Seo services for 100 dollar. Good optimizers don't even look at the web site for 100 dollars. I am going to optimize my seo company web site and i'll do some offline marketing as suggested by one of our forum member.

Regards
    Mike.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those freelancer who offer such lower rate probably they are doing the basic part of SEO. You can specify the details you are going to provide for well structured and organized result and offer your bid accordingly.

Overall you should be able to convince the customers why your price is obvious and fair.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeshammy
    Hi guys I have been doing search engine optimization for the past two years and had great success. Actually I am planning to set up a SEo service company do u think its worth doing it coz i have been doing Seo for my web sites and now I wanted it do it for others. Do you think I can generate customers through online marketing or through other search engines results. Please suggest.

Mike
    Regards.
    The best way to generate business for any business is through word of mouth.

Do you have a strong portfolio?

How do you plan to demonstrate your expertise to potential clients?

Do you have a business plan?

Have you defined a target market?

What is your unique selling statement?
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Dan Thies' Search Engine Marketing Kit

It's got everything you need to learn how to market and sell SEO work, including forms, advice, tips on how to charge, etc. You could probably learn something about SEO too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by etechsupport
    Those freelancer who offer such lower rate probably they are doing the basic part of SEO.
    Probably they live outside too expensive countries.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeReal.com
    Probably they live outside too expensive countries.
    Probably they live outside too less expensive countries, I hope, not too expensive.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeshammy
    I have come accross some free lance web site for example rentacoder and other, there is lot of competition and people are ready to do seo for 100 dollars, I don't understand how come people are ready to provide Seo services for 100 dollar. Good optimizers don't even look at the web site for 100 dollars.
    This is exactly why you should probably avoid sites such as these, simply because you are competing against people in countries where something like $200 a month is actually a good salary that provides them with a good standard of living. As a sole freelancer in the UK, if made 30 times that in a month I'd be struggling to stay afloat.

A large majority of clients go to Rentacoder because they place a cheap price higher than all other factors, so unless you are cheap, forget it. What I would suggest is focusing on local clients as by doing this you are able to compete on factors that someone in Eastern Europe can never compete on, factors that many local business will consider more important than price - things like; being available for face-to-face meetings, understanding your local community and business environment, having an address that the client can visit, allowing your clients to support local businesses and local economy etc.

If you've been successful with other sites, then you have results-driven case studies that can swoon and sway your prospects. In the end, people want results, so if you can deliver this at a fair price, you should not have too many problems gaining high quality clients willing to pay top prices.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox
    This is exactly why you should probably avoid sites such as these, simply because you are competing against people in countries where something like $200 a month is actually a good salary that provides them with a good standard of living. As a sole freelancer in the UK, if made 30 times that in a month I'd be struggling to stay afloat.
    You can made "30 times" as long as your buyer don't know how to use RentACoder.com

This coder (or company) earn $39K in the current year (today February 13, 2006). Via RentACoder of course.

This is official statistics from RentACoder. As you can see -15% projects was completed by USA coders last month.