SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: 2checkout.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2checkout.com

Has anybody had any experience with 2checkout.com ? Their rates seem good (by comparison) $49 setup + 5.5% +.45 per transaction with no monthly. I have to give 1 point for having their rates clearly stated and easily found. However, a search of this forum results in only one message - what gives - I would feel more comfortable if others have had good experiences with them.

Payment Acceptance Expert jconley2's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave,

I e-mailed them and they did give a quick response back within an hour or so. My question to them was about what name would appear on cardholders statements (this question wasn't answered in their FAQ) Turns out 2CheckOut.com is what is put on statements. I really didn't like that as it could open doors to more chargeback issues, esp. if customers aren't aware that the charge was really from you. There are was to eliminating chargebacks, just do a search hear on them and I've posted several times of ways to reduce it.

Rates do seem quite good and they seem like they are moving ahead on several fronts. One being online check acceptance which should be available shortly. I bet if enough people made a suggestion that their company name, web address or e-mail address appear on the cardholders statements, that they might attempt to make a change there, also.

They have a section where they highlight quite a few merchants that use their services. My suggestion would be to contact some or all of the site owners and get an idea of what they think of them, how reliable, if customer service is good, pros/cons, etc.

To your success,

Jim Conley II
    CEO/Founder - MerchantSeek
    Search FREE for a Merchant Account Provider based on your business needs and budget. We're your one stop information source on payment acceptance.
    Visit us at http://www.merchantseek.com
    Last edited by jconley2; Sep 8, 2001 at 23:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am considering them to, but I would really like to get my business name on the customers account statement. Is there any other compareable companies that charge no monthly fees? Thanks.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have recently signed up with them.

I haven't done any transactions with them so I cannot comment on that yet.

I do wish that I could get my company name on the statement.

I had a rough set-up phase that lasted nearly two weeks (pretty fast compared to a standard merchant account) but I think it was because I purchased it from another company who then passed me to them.

I'll come back here and update my experience after a few transactions.
    Come get 5,000 Full Color - High Gloss(front and back) business cards for only $270!
    www.diamondqueue.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy - thanks for the info, I'll look forward to hearing what your experience is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dfghdfh

pleaseeeee

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOppss,

Sorry, I forgot to come back to this thread.

So far, it has worked quite well. Aside from 2checkout.com on the statements, it seems perfect.

I've only completed one transaction but no problems at all. They have now added the feature that allows you to put an order in yourself so you can take phone orders as well.

I like it. For the price, it can't be beat. Support is very good, always the right answers within 24 hours it seems. And they have actually read the entire message I sent them rather than just firing off a quick, pre-written email that had nothing to do with my needs.

As far as I'm concerned, go for it.

.02 cents.