SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard Another Designer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I get these ideas off the ground?

I have 4 great idea that I really want to get off the ground! These do not include the fact that I have to build my freelance clientele for my web design business.

I can't do it all alone! Now I realize this! It's just not possible! But how does a person like me (with no leadership skills that I know of), start making these ideas a reality?

Can I get college grads and have them sign an agreement that they will not steal my ideas and will work for so much an hour? I guess that's one way.

Any suggestions?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always good to bounce ideas off someone who has already made things happen. Realize most people are lazy and will never do anything. Just don't sit there with your ideas in your mind and be asking this question 1 year from now or you'll be just like everyone else.

A good idea is to focus on the BEST idea out of the four and really focus on it. Find people who you think can help you achieve your goal, etc... This way your spreading yourself to thin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Having a great idea is nowhere near an NDA (Non-disclosure Agreement) you're not even started yet.

- Get your ideas straight, one at a time
    - You'll have to plan everything out on a nice piece of paper;
    - Get out there and do some market research, if it's about cars, get a car dealer you know or are able to trust to see if that is really a good idea or forget about it;
    - If it's a GO, than move onto getting some investment and interest;
    - And now you can think of sharing it (with the NDA) to the right people who can make it move!
    - Launch it and continue working hard and you might just have been right from the start
    ~ Daniel Macedo

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend (and business partner in one particular company) who is always coming up with new ideas. A lot of them are great ideas -- probably ideas that could really work. But you're limited to the time and resources you have, so you have to pick the best ideas, the ones with the highest probability of success, and run with them. Once you've got one idea up and running, it could be possible to start another, and then another, until they're all done.

But be careful -- there are a lot of "dreamers" out there who have a ton of ideas, but never do anything about them. I know people like this - friends, coworkers, etc. They have hundreds and thousands of good ideas, but that doesn't matter. If you can't execute the idea - if you can't make it work - it's worthless.

Definitely plan and research each of the ideas. Find out which one would have the best chance of success given your current resources (money, time, etc.) and then take steps to make it a reality.