SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vBulletin & vBadvanced OR vBulletin & article manager

I'm about to launch a site using vBulletin, and was thinking of having a news section using "article manager" from www.interactivetools.com
    Can someone tell me if vBadvanced can be used to construct a news site, and will the features offered, rival those of "article manager."

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use vb, vbadvanced CMS, and the Geek Article Review System (www.thevbgeek.com).

Not sure if its better than "article manager" but its a lot cheaper and everything is intergrated into vb.

HTH,

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have AM, Multiple VBs and a couple of VBAs installed. You can pretty much do everything you can in AM in VBA since it is backboned by VB. You can actually do more, I think. The integration of VBA and VB makes this option even more attractive (and VBA is free). AM is a solid stand-alone app though at almost $300. We eagerly await the MySQL backended version of it.

My 2cts.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks much Sola

Quote Originally Posted by Sola
    I have AM, Multiple VBs and a couple of VBAs installed. You can pretty much do everything you can in AM in VBA since it is backboned by VB. You can actually do more, I think. The integration of VBA and VB makes this option even more attractive (and VBA is free). AM is a solid stand-alone app though at almost $300. We eagerly await the MySQL backended version of it.

My 2cts.
    Thank you very much Sola...I needed to hear someone with experience with both systems shed some light on this. I was really concerned about article manager's flat file database system as well. All I need now is a vbadvanced/vbulletin hacker to make my vision a reality.

I know that all of the hacks I need for vbulletin are already on the vbulletin.org site, so it would just be a matter of implementation for a programmer. But I do need some custom coding for vBadvanced though.

Any suggestions from anyone?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Example Of The Functionality I'm Looking For

I went to this site today http://mobilitytoday.com and it sure looks like they're using vbadvanced. They seemed to have gotten rid of the copyright info though. It seems to be linked with a vBulletin forum as well, so when members login, they're able to take advantage of all the features offered by both pieces of software.

Can you tell me if vbadvanced is capable of doing what I see on that site? And is there someone on this site who can show me how to work the back-end of vBadvanced to get this effect?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VBA can achieve that. You just have to buy branding free option and have the templates worked on.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You Thank You Sola

Thanks again.