SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Video cam ad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video cam ad

This might not be the appropriate place for this post, please move if it's not.

At what point does your ad become over exposed? I don't know if it's the same ad or not, but over the last few monts I keep running into a pop up for a video cam, that has become extremely annoying to me. I see that it's now on geocities in addition to the small popup that they already have. I'm sick of seeing this ad, especially since on geocities it open up a new window on every page. There is just no way that I'm going to buy this product because the ad has annoyed me too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x10.com thats the site you are talking about and beleive it or not that campaign as annoying as it is has made a few peopple VERY VERY rich.... theres been a few post regarding x10, do a search of sitepintforums for x10 and you will see a few oppinions....

as for over exposure, i dont think there is a thing, sure it becomes annying, but it also has grafted its name into the brain of everybody who uses the internet.... so much so that you only had to say pop up and video cam for me to be able to give you both the URL and company... hell you could have just said pop up and i would have knowen who you were talking about!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is the 4 most visited site on the internet, Now thats scary.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just happened to have a couple of extra seconds so i looked up the url for you.

http://www.x10.com/x10ads.htm

at the bottom of the page it tells you how to get rid of the ads. well, for 30 days anyway. better than nothing i guess.
    . . . chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but I think it's ridiculous, I am not putting a cookie on my computer, just to get rid of their ad. Plus it only last for 30 days.

it also has grafted its name into the brain of everybody who uses the internet.... so much so that you only had to say pop up and video cam for me to be able to give you both the URL and company...
    Actually I didn't know the name of the company just the ad, I automatically closed the window when it opened and never read it, so think there are a few of us that don't know who they are.

I think there has to be a point where people will get turned off from seeing them. There has to be a saturation point. The craze must end at some point i.e. toys for the christmas season, elmo was big but no longer popular, but it did make the toy manufacturer rich while it lasted.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zoordan,

i know it's annoying, but i think you're taking this a little too seriously.

it's just a cookie. you won't even know it's there !
    yes i know it's "only" for 30 days, but i promise you it's worth it.

it's really not worth getting upset over. let it go.
    . . . chris