SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michael - ohio
    If it's really a large list (more than 10 choices) then separate and format the lists by category - and follow Brownstone's note about select all (use a radio button so that it selects and de-selects)l
    How would you create a radio button that selects and de-selects? Once a single radio button is selected, there is no way to de-select it (unless you mean by javascript). Shouldn't it be a checkbox?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it depends on how many links you have like multiple select will be good one.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lirux
    Clickable labels are great! I didnt know how to do this, but I found this. That one's a bit messy tho. Does anyone know an article on how to do this putting all the javascript on an external file?

I'm not very good with javascript, but it'd be awesome to have a script look for all the checkboxes in a page, and make each <label for="checkbox23"> toggle the respective checkbox!
    Code:
    <label for="checkboxOne">Check Box 1</label>
    <input type="checkbox" name="checkboxOne" id="checkboxOne">
    The for attribute of the label tag referers to the ID attribute of the input tag. This same method works for ALL form elements I've run across.

EDIT: forgot to leave my input on the actual topic

I think SELECT fields fail in much of the same way that dropdown menus do. They are impossible to scan if you can't see all the options all at once. Sadly, dropdown menus still have their place

Brandon