SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Site Kept Secret Till Beta?

I want to keep my site as secret as possible until it goes beta. My concern is having my idea stolen before I am up and running or leaked by a designer/programmer I am looking at using. Any experiences or help you can share in this to protect myself would be great. I would rather be parnoid now then regretful later on. Is there documentation thats normally used in website creation like a non disclosure agreement? Thanks for any info you can provide.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you need to have him sign a non-disclosure agreement. Speak to your lawyer though.

And this belongs in Business and Legal Issues.

Sam
    Sam Hastings

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll definitely want non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements signed with all your employees/contractors. Make sure you have an attorney draft or at least review them so you know they are enforceable. Also make sure you tell your attorney if you have contractors in other states, so they can check for the legalities of those particular states as well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Non Disclosure

A non-discloure is of course only as good as the persons word who has signed it. It's very hard to enforce in my mind especially on an international basis over the internet when varied jurisdictions are involved. I appreciate the info however!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Use non-disclosure agreement
    2) Hide work from prying eyes by securing the main directory with a user/pass with .htaccess then unlocking it when it opens.
    3) Use a temp index.html or index.php page just in case you get spidered so the search engines will still list you.