User Tag List

Thread: Ikobo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ikobo

Hi.

I have just registered for an account in Ikobo.com and I'm waiting for my I-kard to arrive. Everything went perfectly. It said you won't get your I-kard unless someone pays you . My partner send me $10 to my Ikobo account and paid for the I-Kard delivery and everything and I got email to wait 3-7 business days for the card to be delivered at your home.

What I want to know is Pros and Cons of Ikobo ? I live in Pakistan. If anyone in Pakistan using Ikobo please reply.

Thank you
    Xenon Web Solutions -Web Development Company Based In Pakistan
    -As I walk through life....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main con's of iKobo are low limits and Absolutely Idiotic Support (tm).
    Pros... I don't know, they did redesign recently, looks bit better now. It would be really pro if they would shut all their support stuff down or at least cut off their right hands, but it is very unlikely, so we live with iKobo as it is, knowing, nobody will help us if a problems occurs (what is very likely, though).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidautumn
    Main con's of iKobo are low limits and Absolutely Idiotic Support (tm).
    Pros... I don't know, they did redesign recently, looks bit better now. It would be really pro if they would shut all their support stuff down or at least cut off their right hands, but it is very unlikely, so we live with iKobo as it is, knowing, nobody will help us if a problems occurs (what is very likely, though).
    as far as I know , they have a xcellent support system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Support system (which is ok, tickets, chat - all present) is nothing without professional, responsible and smart people behind it.
    I have had serious problems with support before. When I tried to extend limits and send all info required, I've got mail, asking me to solve some problems with my account, one of them was unsolvable - they asked me to remove recipient from my recipient's list (because they not allow sending money to recipients in the same location), while my list was empty. Support wouldn't help me - our communications were like this:
    - You have recipient, remove it.
    - I have no any.
    - Please, remove it from your list, click here and there blah blah blah
    - I am not stupid, I have no recipient listed at all
    - Try refreshing your browser, then click here...
    - No recipients listed, please, check it on your side, I have nothing here!
    - Please, remove it from your list, click here and there blah blah blah (cut and paste)

Simple AI bot could do such support job with a greater success.
    Would you call such support stuff excellent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidautumn
    Support system (which is ok, tickets, chat - all present) is nothing without professional, responsible and smart people behind it.
    I have had serious problems with support before. When I tried to extend limits and send all info required, I've got mail, asking me to solve some problems with my account, one of them was unsolvable - they asked me to remove recipient from my recipient's list (because they not allow sending money to recipients in the same location), while my list was empty. Support wouldn't help me - our communications were like this:
    - You have recipient, remove it.
    - I have no any.
    - Please, remove it from your list, click here and there blah blah blah
    - I am not stupid, I have no recipient listed at all
    - Try refreshing your browser, then click here...
    - No recipients listed, please, check it on your side, I have nothing here!
    - Please, remove it from your list, click here and there blah blah blah (cut and paste)

Simple AI bot could do such support job with a greater success.
    Would you call such support stuff excellent?

I guess this just only happened with you. Do you remember the name of the support technician ? was it Penny or Gus?

they are both very professional and helps allot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it not only happened with me, I know at least two people being very irritated with Ikobo support. One of them was my client and after all he has been forced to choose other way to transfer funds.
    No, it wasn't neither Penny nor Gus, it was Rahika.
    I will keep in mind these names just for the case.
    Even more, I could try extending limits one more time and check if things does changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said I've tried it again. I've requested a chat, filled in the form, stating I am a receiver and I need support on limits extension. I had a chat with that famous Gus within a few minutes.
    This is our conversation logged:
    Gus: Hi, my name is Gus. How may I help you? Please feel free to send any comments about me or our service to feedback@ikobo.net.
    Denis: Hi Gus. I am willing to extend my limits, but there is no clear process I could follow, so I am decided to ask you.
    Denis: There was a statement that my sender should request extension on the form. Is it true?
    Gus: In order to raise your account limits please go to https://www.ikobo.com/extending_send...mits_form.html Fill out this form and be sure to include a picture ID and a utility bill with the fax.
    \
    Denis: Some time ago I did it and there were problems, one of them was unsolvable. I've been told to remove local recipient from the list, while there was no any recipient listed.
    Gus: are you the sender or recipient?
    Denis: Trying to figure out what is wrong I had a chat here and no help given.
    Denis: I am recipient. I have receiving limit of 500USD. I need it to be 1000USD to suit my needs.
    Gus: if you are the recipient the only way to raise your limits is if the sender raises theirs
    Denis: Btw, when discussing this issue (mostly support issue, I dont' like to be treated as an idiot) on sitepoint.com I've been told than there is a guy called Gus who is helpful
    Denis: Can I become sender and raise my own. I am not sure there are any sender who willing to send something and care about
    Denis: Not sure I'm understand it right... why should somebody else care of my limits?
    Gus: because they are sending you money
    Denis: Also, I recall there was Merchant Accounts, is there any substitution now or I am just not allowed to use iKobo as a money transfer service?
    Gus: so for your limits to be raised they will have to send the documents in
    Denis: What is wrong with my documents, especially if I already sent them and you have it onsite?
    Denis: I mean why me personally can't care of myself... where is a logic?
    Denis: And if I have a few senders... or can't I?
    Gus: you can only have 3 senders
    URL Received: http://you ca
    Gus: that is all
    Denis: Just trying to find out if iKobo is still suitable for my needs. As you probably know many web developers use iKobo to transfer funds from clients, so, need to know if it still allowed
    Denis: How are they accounted? Are there any period when sender expires or if anybody sent me the money he'll still my sender forever?
    Gus: if you are using us to receive payments your best bet is to find another service honestly
    Gus Has Disconnected
    So, it seems he just dropped me off finally. Many questions left unanswered. Am I asked wrong ones or something? Is it a best way to conversate with customer? And, finally, should such a "service" be trusted and used, especially if you (I am pretty sure) going to use it to deal with your customers?
    I think no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with iKobo is that they have used very many referrals and affiliates to market their brand name through forums and other user sites, meaning those people usually posted 1 or 2 new topics on iKobo just to promote them. What nobody realised is that their services and especially their support is very unprofessional when you compare it to other well known businesses.

My advice to everyone would be: STAY AWAY! There are lots of better options out there, such as Moneybookers or Western Union.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down IKobo is a scam, stay away from them

Quote Originally Posted by mcrazor
    The problem with iKobo is that they have used very many referrals and affiliates to market their brand name through forums and other user sites, meaning those people usually posted 1 or 2 new topics on iKobo just to promote them. What nobody realised is that their services and especially their support is very unprofessional when you compare it to other well known businesses.

My advice to everyone would be: STAY AWAY! There are lots of better options out there, such as Moneybookers or Western Union.

I agree with you. I got an account in iKobo and used to collect money from my customers since 2004, and I found iKobo was great at the early stage. But from March of this year, I can't withdraw any money from my iKobo account to my iKard, so I try to contact iKobo by sending emails and Live Help to ask the reason why, but I got no response from emails or nothing from Live Help, then I got no way and try to call them by telephone, I've got the result only from the second converstation, they told me my account was blocked because of one dispute from my customer, I can only get back my money after 180 days from the date of account blocked.

And after 180 days passed, I can't still withdraw any money from my account then I have to contact iKobo again, and the result was also no response. I have to call again by telephone, they said to me that they have to check again and will let me have the result, but after two months passed I still haven't got any response from them.

Now I lost contact with iKobo although I have sent to them more than 10 emails, no answer to telephone calls and useless contact via Live Help. This is what my experience with iKobo, I think my USD1,500 has gone already, it is a scam, everyone should stay away from them to prevent any lose.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Let me tell you my negative feedback about ikobo (I can't write "iKobo", I don't think they offer good services). At first please sorry me for my probably bad English though I registered on their site for about two years ago, I got my i-kard delivered here in Russia pretty soon and there were no problems by that date at all. I even sent them my utility bill and my driving license - not sure if they know Russian at all, but they increased the limits up to $1K.

But later on they changed their old i-kards to new ones. I got an email stating that I was sent a brand new i-kard, I think it was pretty cool, but no way. I had some money on that card account and I was eager to get it with that new card. Well, I got the card soon as well, but.. But I didn't get a PIN number for that, kinda surprise

Ok, here is what I did next. I called their support team by phone. It was my mistake that I didn't purchase a phone card to call USA so I spent around $30 just for phone calls. But as I said it was _my_ mistake. During almost 10+ minutes I was enjoing by listening to a funny song heard from my phone (send money anywhere, send money anytime, it's ikobo, it's ikobo, and so on). Actually the common time I spent for the phone calls was around 20 minutes, and 10+ minutes was just awaiting for their support. Next when a guy took a phone I was told nothing meaningful. Nothing. I can't reproduce my conversation with their support guy, sorry, but everything I can say here is that it was just an empty and meaningless conversation. I asked him to tell me my PIN number, he told me something like he couldn't do that and so on.

Ok, the things started to go faster since then. I sent an email to their support team. Guess what? No reply. Ok, no problem, I sent another one, and another one and so on. After I sent about 6 emails (and it was about 2nd week since my initial contacting them) I received a simply email which contained the following:
    ==============================
    Luckyboy: .... I will create a special site to tell all the people about your services and I will name it like "ikobo-sucks.com" or just like that.
    Ikobo: What???

Your pin number is: 6432
    ==============================

Actually this is my real pin number, but I will not require it any more, haha. Moreover, since they had a log in system allowing customers to enter their card number & pin code instead of the login & password, I wrote a simple script which would send requests to their log in system with pin numbers starting from 0000 to 9999 - this way I tried to guess my pin. And after that script went to the end and it got a lot of the incoming traffic (but with no luck) I was told that my PIN number was 6432. And I got no "sorry" for awaiting too long for their damned response.

Ok, the future is more interesting. I don't remember the year when this store with changing i-kards happened, I guess everyone can find it on the internet.

Later I noticed that my i-kard balance was suddenly resetted to zero. Today I read on forums that they added $0.99 monthly fee for i-kard, problably it is the reason. But I didn't know that. And my i-kard balance always had some bucks which then disappeared suddenly from it.

About a week ago my business partner sent me some money, I got them in some minutes without any problems via ATM. But.. Around two days ago I did some work for that guy and he sent me some money again. After that he sent me an email telling that he did his best, but I needed to contact ikobo to get my money because of some issues. Heh. It's right below..

I logged in into my account on ikobo. It said my sending/receiving limites were zero. Pretty cool story.

Ok, I called their support team by phone. The first words of the support guy were something like "blahblahblah 2 minutes". I am not too stupid in interpreting the English language, but I couldn't even understand what he said. He said that to me 4 times.

Ok, later when that guy got back to me, I told him I wanted to get my money. I told him my internal account number in ikobo and he said I had five bucks on it (I knew that even without his interference though, haha). And he said that since I offered the services they blocked my account. I didn't receieve ANY notification about it, moreover I didn't ever know that it wasn't allowed on their site). I honestly said to their support representative that I had some work with the guys who sent the money to me, but they told me that this kind of services is forbidden. I didn't know anything about this stuff either. But ok - I understand that if their policy says this - I approve their decision.

Well, five bucks are just five bucks - I went to the ATM to withdraw even 2 bucks (~3 are taken for the transaction) and I wasn't lucky. I couldn't even withdraw those fu..nky 2 bucks. LOL. But, guys, this is not the end.. =)

Later I went to my account to ikobo to reject their services (I am not sure what they can do with the information I posted to them) and I couldn't even log in to my account. It said that the password was wrong.

Here is the summary.. I fully understand what I said here and I can approve that somehow - by scanning & showing you all my ikobo card with my names - it doesn't really matter. I just want to execute that scummers. I see it was my first post in this forum but I am ready to give the full information about their scumming services to anybody. At least to anybody who doesn't relate to ikobo.com. I will do my best in making those guys down.

Also I found this forum was quite useful and I am sure I will stay here for a long time. But if anybody is not sure that everything I wrote was not truth - you're welcome to contact me. I will expain the things.

And DO NOT allow these scammers to get you. Please..

PS: Sorry for this long message.

PS2: for liquidautumn
    You said the right words and I couldn't even say better . I wish ya good business bud.