SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a good search program.

I just checked my everyone.net search and everyone of the results is an advert, I wish they had told me they where doing this.

Any case I want a search program that I can customize to my site, and don't show any banners, I don't really mind how much it pays as its only temporery untill I get a permanent replacment I just don't liek the idea of everyone.net getting revenue when i get nothing.

edit - if any of them have referal programs tell me, and I will email you to get your referal code ok.
    Last edited by jkcity; Sep 7, 2001 at 03:52.

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you want a site search product that pays you when you use it? Like an affiliate program?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by moospot
    So you want a site search product that pays you when you use it? Like an affiliate program?
    Maybe if thats all there is about, I just need some free search that is not done by everyone.net.

I am really not bothered about making money from it, But I don't mind if its payed results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used one for a client called FreeFind. Its free and there are no banners of any kind. Here is the link:

http://search.freefind.com/

You can also look into Altavista or Google for Site Search options. I'm not sure what the details are, but I know they have something going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caveat: There is a 32MB limit on the HTML files searched in the free version. Just saw it here.

http://www.freefind.com/plans.html

32MB is a lot of html!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by moospot
    Caveat: There is a 32MB limit on the HTML files searched in the free version. Just saw it here.

http://www.freefind.com/plans.html

32MB is a lot of html!
    Is that site search e.g it willd o my site I am looking for external web search.

I might just put a google box on my page and be done with it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Have Software For You :-)

You could use the scripts I developed to integrate results from any combination of GoClick, Sprinks, Ah-Ha, Epilot, and SearchFeed directly into the design of your site with no other ads. I am willing to negotiate the price based on your traffic; e-mail me at webmaster@allyoursearch.com . You would earn higher commissions by dealing directly with the search engines and you would be able to completely customize the layout of the results.

Lenny Grover
    AllYourSearch.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: I Have Software For You :-)

Originally posted by AdSwappers.com
    You could use the scripts I developed to integrate results from any combination of GoClick, Sprinks, Ah-Ha, Epilot, and SearchFeed directly into the design of your site with no other ads. I am willing to negotiate the price based on your traffic; e-mail me at webmaster@allyoursearch.com . You would earn higher commissions by dealing directly with the search engines and you would be able to completely customize the layout of the results.

Lenny Grover
    AllYourSearch.com
    nah its ok I coudl write the scripts myself, I have somthing coming online very soon, I just need somthing to use on the site two weeks max, just to provide my users with some kind of search.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by jkcity

Is that site search e.g it willd o my site I am looking for external web search.

I might just put a google box on my page and be done with it.
    It does both..I thought you were looking for an internal search It does web searching as well.

I think most everyone likes google for searching the web. I do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm...

Any case I want a search program that I can customize to my site, and don't show any banners, I don't really mind how much it pays as its only temporery untill I get a permanent replacment I just don't liek the idea of everyone.net getting revenue when i get nothing.
    the only way is to add server side script to your site, I know some people use Dmoz open directory as their bases, even Icq Directory based on Dmoz. Just search the program in Hotscripts, maybe it cost US$150 for one script, no ad. and very fast CGI program. If you want to earn money, it is easy, just add a CPM banner on your search result page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by Lihongjun

the only way is to add server side script to your site, I know some people use Dmoz open directory as their bases, even Icq Directory based on Dmoz. Just search the program in Hotscripts, maybe it cost US$150 for one script, no ad. and very fast CGI program. If you want to earn money, it is easy, just add a CPM banner on your search result page.
    I already have scripts, Its just I can't release them on the site untill I realse the new version of my site, Guess I'll just stick with enet search for the next few weeks it don't really matter my search is not used much anyway only a few hundred a week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me too

Guess I'll just stick with enet search for the next few weeks it don't really matter my search is not used much anyway only a few hundred a week.
    My affiliate search engine is the same, just a few hundred search per week, so I am going to send my search box HTML to my members, and let them put my search box on their pages, I have no enough money to pay Befree for Pay-per-search comission, but I guess my search result is totally based on affiliate programs, it is absolutly special and different. Try it first, do you have any idea?